Posts by renaudg

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

More info after some testing :

- The flash update tool says it can see a CF card but it's not FAT.

- One symptom I often see is the AUX led is half-bright, and the power Led on the A500 starts flickering a few seconds after inserting the CF card.

- The adapted card sometimes shows as CFAUX:NDOS, sometimes not at all in Workbench.

- It does seem to make a difference whether I hot insert the adapted card in the Aux port, in terms of half-bright-always-on-led or not.

- My Aux port is working with a real CF card (I was able to flash the menu system to the latest version this way)

- The adapted card works in the Boot slot ! I was able to run the WB3.1 installer on it. The installer could see both the adapted card in Boot, and the real CF card in Aux. But if I swap them, it only sees the real card in the Boot slot, never the adapted one in Aux.

So to summarize :
    The Aux slot in my ACA500+ doesn't seem to accept CF adapter->SD adapter->microSD card.
    That's not the end of the world, but it's a bit annoying because I much prefer to use SD cards to transfer files : I don't have many CF cards, and more importantly I don't have a built-in CF reader in my laptop.

Hello,

I'm just getting started using my ACA500+ (currently with an ACA1221ec) and I was trying to update the firmware + add ACATool, using a FAT formatted card in the Aux CF port.

For this I'm using a microSD card in a SD adapter in a SD->CF adapter (the red one you find everywhere on eBay etc)
    I've verified the whole adapter setup works when plugged on my laptop using a USB CF card reader.

Unfortunately neither the firmware flash tool nor Workbench recognise the card. I think the flash tool actually says there is a CF card inserted but it can't see the update file. The LED stays on while the card is inserted, and after a few seconds the A500's power led starts flickering !

I don't think the Aux port is completely broken because a few hours before that, I managed to copy files between 2 Amiga formatted CF cards in the 2 ports.

Maybe I should mention that the card was FAT-formatted on a Mac using Disk Utility, but I don't think that's a factor because FAT volumes created this way usually work in my Gotek and other embedded devices with no issues.

Something else that I noticed is that I started getting checksum errors on the boot CF card that I had imaged a few hours before.

Any ideas if it's likely to be an incompatibility with the adapter, or something faulty with the ACA500+ ?

Thanks

Hi,

I can see that the ACA1221EC is in stock again.

But Jens, you mentioned the ACA1221LC was due to be released soon.

What are the differences, is it worth waiting ?

Thanks

New CPUs have already arrived, and I expect to have new 40MHz cards in about two weeks.

That is great, what will the price be ? Are you planning any new 26Mhz cards too ?

For the ACA1221LC, I also need to find time. Production is finished, but the development desk is full of other stuff I need to look into before I can turn to new accelerators.

So it is mostly software ? A few weeks away you think ? I might way for this one.

...and he'll surely find a customer. There's so many st*pid people on this planet. (found it - and it's even the 26MHz version that he bought from us for under 170,- EUR - not sure if he'll find a customer now).

To be honest I knew about the 169 EUR price, but I was ready to offer him 200-250 as I was so desperate it was sold out !
    But with the good news you just gave, I'd much rather wait a little and give that money to iComp :)
    I probably only need an ACA1221EC/LC, but it looks like this going to be a longer wait than your next ACA1233n cards, so we'll see...
    How can I get notified about ACA1221LC release ? It's not available in the shop yet, so it's not possible to subscribe to updates.

Thanks Jens

Are you adding more stock to the shop regularly as you get more CPUs, and then it’s just a matter of being lucky and buying as soon as one sees availability ?

Or do you produce big batches every few months ? If so, when do you expect the next one ?

Is it the same situation for the 1233 and the 1221 ?

Of course some people are trying to profit, there’s an ACA1233n on eBay right now for 350€ :(