Posts by akuehnemund

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Jens,

I want to let you know that I received the Rapidroad from Amigakit a week or two ago - so we got it all straightened out. So, thank you very much for repairing it and for helping with getting it back to me. I haven't had the time to install it in my A1200 Desktop. Still working on getting my 1200 Tower fully up and running. Speaking of... I must be going blind, but I can't seem to find the P96 driver package in your online shop. I was able to get the Radeon 9200 to work with the older P96 shareware drivers, but I would like to purchase and properly license the newer version. Would you mind letting me know where I can find that software? Thank much! Happy Halloween!

Andre

Hi Jens,

Just to give you an update... I e-mailed Matthew at Amigakit on Sept. 14. I have yet to receive as much as an acknowledgement. I just followed up with another e-mail. Makes me very much appreciate how responsive and on top of things you are. Thanks and keep up thew great work you do!

Andre

Hi Jens,

That's unfortunate. I'm about to hop on a plane to Munich. I'm sure there's a way to request a copy of proof of delivery through their website. I'll do that once I'm in Germany. Will keep you posted. Thanks for checking and for the quick response!

Andre

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply! I found the USPS receipt and tracking information. USPS tracking number was CH069987447US. According to their website the package was delivered on June 3:

(https://tools.usps.com/go/Trac…tc_tLabels1=CH069987447US)

Tracking Number: CH069987447US

Your item was delivered in GERMANY at 3:05 pm on June 4, 2019.

Status

Delivered

June 4, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Delivered

GERMANY

Sender was me - Andre Kuehnemund from Manchester, Massachussets. Rapidroad was originally purchased from Amigakit on Feb. 8, 2018.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Jens,

Hope all is well! I'm writing because I had sent you my defective Rapidroad back at the end of May. I can't find the tracking information right now, but I remember checking back June and according to the tracking information on the U.S. Postal Service website it had been delivered.

I forgot about the whole thing for some time. In part because I haven't really had time to play with my AMIGAs. I finally remembered a couple of days ago and realized that I hadn't heard from you nor received the repaired Rapidroad back since then.

Could you please let me know if you were able to repair the device and when you sent it back to me?

I'm going to be in Munich next week and in case you haven't shipped it back yet, perhaps you could mail it to my address in Munich. Would probably be cheaper and would avoid having to fill out customs forms etc.

I would appreciate it you could let me know when you have a chance. Thanks much!

Andre

Hi Jens,

I believe I have looked everywhere on your site, but I can't seem to find a link to purchase and download the P96 software anywhere. Your press release stated it can be purchased through the online store, but I can't seem to find it. Is it available? Or not yet?

Thanks,

Andre

Hi Jens,

I shipped the Rapid Rad back to you yesterday (Tuesday). Monday was a holiday here in the U.S. However, the postal employee would not let me include an invoice copy in the clear plastic pouch with the customs form in it. I told them I had to. The lady at the post office insisted that itwas not needed and including additional paperwork only causes problems. I included a copy of the invoice inside the package, and the customs form on the outside of the package has the 'returned goods' box checked. I wrote something about defective computer parts and returning for repair next to it. Keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it through customs.

Thanks for your help with this!

Andre

Hi Jens,

Greetings from Massachusetts! I could write in German, but for everyone else's benefit I'll stick to English. Just wanted to let you know that I had purchased a Rapidroad USB from Amigakit about a year ago. Around the same time, I had purchased an Elbox Back Tower, an Elbox 1200TX PCI boardI etc. I finally found time to install the Rapidroad inside the Elbox tower using the Clock Port connector. I downloaded and installed Poseidon 4.5, configured everything - and voila, I was able to mount a USB stick, read and write files... everything worked for several days.

A few days ago I powered on the Amiga tower and when the Workbench came up, I noticed my USB stick didn't get mounted. I checked the Rapidroad - no white LED. Tried rebooting, checked connections... no change.

Based on the various threads I found in this forum, it sounds as if something like this might be a somewhat common occurrence? Any way to prevent something like this in the future? Could the PSU in the Elbox tower be the problem? As I wrote earlier, everything worked just fine for about a week.

I'm planning to ship the Rapidroad to you sometime tomorrow. I'll insure it and get a tracking number. Would you be able to test and repair it, if necessary? I would appreciate it if you could lease let me know.

I have since ordered a Spider USB PCI card for the Elbox tower, but would still like to get the Rapidroad repaired for one of my Amiga 1200 Desktop computers.

Thanks for your continued support for the Amiga!

Andre