Posts by leonk

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

While Hyperion Entertainment specifically documents that one no longer needs to specify MaxTransfer speed (see: https://www.hyperion-entertain…eed-to-manually-adjust-it)

I can confirm, after playing around for the past 2 days that it is very much still required when using CF cards, especially with my ACA1230. I was getting strange behaviour (mostly WHDLoad telling me it's out of memory for some games, unsupported instruction, or even corrupt image!) When I set the MaxTransfer speed to 0x1fe00 and used the filesystem that ships with 3.1.4, all problems went away. Even the 3.1.4.1 update did not fix this issue.

Just set MaxTransfer speed and be done with it.

Sharing it in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future.

Jens .. thanks for your prompt reply. The A1200 works great without the accelerator. I've verified it using a test program running on the Gotek.

UPDATE: I purchased AmigaOS 3.1.4 for the 1200, burned the 2 EPROMs, and now it boots perfectly fine!! SysInfo, Workbench, and bunch of games and demos.. everything just works like a dream!!!

The 3.1.0 chips I have seem to have Amiga official stickers on them. Any reason why an ACA1230 not work with 3.1.0 but fine with 3.1.4?? Also, do I need to install any software for this accelerator? There's a 3.5" floppy in the box. Or should I just leave it be and enjoy as is?

I recently acquired an Amiga A1200. It was given to me with a (what the seller told me) brand new, never used, still sealed in the box, ACA1230 accelerator. I don't doubt that given how new it looks.

The Accelerator has an amigakit sticker on it with quality control passed from 7/1/11. The CPU is an MC68EC030RP25B There is 1 socket missing a chip, and the battery holder is missing a battery. I Can provide pictures. There is a Kick3.0 jumper spot, but the jumper is not set. The amiga 1200 is a rev 2B and has official kickstart 3.1

I am proficient at populating PCBs (including SMD, FPGA, etc. type of solder work under my microscope) so I decided to follow instructions I found online to try and see what timing fixes I can do to resolve this issue.

Attempt 1) Remove E123C and then E125C - no change (E121C and E122C were missing)

Attempt 2) Follow instructions found here (ianstedman.co.uk):

- populated E121C and E122C with 27pf

- replace E121R and E122R with the recommended ferrite beads

- E123R/E125R no change - 27R already fitted from factory

- E125C add 22pF cap - no change - RED blinking

- E123C add 22pF cap - no change - still blinking RED

At this point I don't know what else to try? Is it possible this ACA1230 accelerator is damaged?? Suggestions?