Posts by mattsoft

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Sure thing.

Check out the Denise.jpg. This is my 3000 with the Denise chip in the socket outputted to a 1080 monitor via RGB. Notice the screen height. The display is also a steady 60hz.

Check the ECS.jpg. This is the same 3000 with the ECS in the Denise socket outputted to the same 1080 monitor via RGB. Notice the top is cut off? The bottom is too as the screen is too tall (PAL) and it flickers (50hz) -- I had to adjust VSYNC to stop the screen rolling.

Obviously the ECS is making the RGB output PAL and not NTSC.

???

I should also mention that with the ECS, the right side of the image has no overscan just a black drop-off of the image. This is on both the VGA and the RGB. With the Denise installed, I get a nice even overscan around the entire image. Weird. I've adjusted my LCD image to go to the edge of the screen, but it distorts the image. On the RGB, I can't adjust it evenly and it looks weird having the black drop-off on the right.

Thanks!

Hi - I installed an ECS V2 into an NTSC 3000 with Kickstart 2.04 the other day. The VGA output works well, though lots of funky overscan issues I'm sorting out. However, the native RGB output of the Amiga is now PAL instead of NTSC. Is there a way to get the ECS V2 to behave like an NTSC Denise and output NTSC via RGB?