Posts by Retroscener

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I got your email about the Mini-IEC cable Jens and replied. Hope this can be resolved. I don't understand why they wouldn't deliver it just because it had my name on the envelope instead of the person who owns the property. I will pay back any return postage owed, and hope it can be sent again if I add on extra postage, I've sent you an email anyway ?(

Especially if you're talking plus/4 or C116 keyboard, you will need the flat cable connector, which is very hard to find. It may be an idea to gather first orders and combine production with another project.

Sounds interesting. If you're thinking of selling some yourself, perhaps it's a good idea to sell the connectors separatly. Someone with a C16 keyboard won't need a more rarer Plus4/C116 connector.

Jens

I'd consider making the production data public domain and only make a few units for testing. I don't see a big market, so mass-production is not an option for iComp.

Well we now know the keyboard adapters are fully working. What are your present thoughts on this now? I can let the guys know on Plus4World. I foresee in the future a few may be interested in at least making up a small batch themselves, particularly as the 264 series are becoming rarer and more expensive, It's cheaper to buy a C64 these days. The FPGA solution is the way forward.

Nice one. Joystick is working 8)

Not to worry about the CRT images. Not like there's many cartridge software anyway and what there currently are at least mostly available as PRG images. Doubtful todays coders will release any big games on this format. They didn't with the recent huge Pet's Rescue game.

Which reminds me, it's the perfect candidate game to test my physical disk copy of this wonderful game when the Mini-IEC cable arrives, hopefully in the next week or two. Will let you know how it goes ;)

Thanks Alistair, and again a huge thank you to Jens for the adapter. You guys are fantastic :)

Heyo, thanks for the update. I can also confirm that the joystick isn't recognised when connected to the docking station, I'm using the TC64v2 on standalone also. Again not in the games but okay in the OSD menu.

C16 keyboard mode is working fine, nice idea to give the option to switch keyboards in the menu. D64 disk images are also working fine. I am still awaiting delivery on the IEC cable to test my real 1541 drive which is winging its way to a fellow C16/Plus4 scener in Germany now. Will update you when I receive it, but hopefully there will be no problems. Meanwhile, will it be possible to add CRT files too? Anyway, loving this core a lot. Good job so far :)

Never mind. A friend in Germany is accepting my order and agreed to post it it onto me to the UK when he receives it. There is often a legal route around these things :)

Well it seems I cannot purchase the Mini-IEC cable because I am in the UK due to new Brexit tax laws which means I need a minimum order of £135 which is around 159. The cable only costs €9.05. This is just one reason why I voted to remain.

Anyone residing outside the UK willing to purchase it for me and then send it to my UK address if I transfer the money including all postage through PayPal?

ahh no that's ridiculous. It seems I might have to find someone abroad to buy it for me and then ship it to my UK address. All because of this bloody Brexit.

Is this type of cable available elsewhere or is it only for the TC?

I am in the UK and trying to order a mini-IEC cable. However the postage is coming up as €999.99 on the Parcel One international option, despite the Royal Mail logo underneath.

I then proceed and get this...

So are you no longer able to post to the UK, or will I actually be charged €999.99. for postage?

That’s great news, so close now. I had no idea that you could connect two chameleons together. I’m going to buy the cable anyway, as I plan to use a real drive as well as emulation for both the C64 and hopefully the C16. I can test it for you if still possible. The TC is also a nice FPGA alternative if my original systems breaks down. It’s also far more mobile.

That’s great. Looking forward to testing it myself, I may temporarily rip out my keyboard from my main C16 for now.

Especially looking forward to D64 support. Is there or will there be support for a real disk drive eventually? I am thinking of buying the relevant cable here which adds that functionality. This would be very useful as I own a few Plus/4 disks. Shame there seems to be no way to add a physical cassette deck to the TC64 though (wondering If it's possible in the future). Cartridge (.crt) emulation support would also be great.

This core has so much potential as it's the only FPGA solution I know of for this system. The 264 series are becoming more and more rarer and expensive now due to the chips having shorter lifespans, so this core is particularly important for future preservation. So far I'm very impressed 👌

Well I know the Victoria core works. Haven't got around to the other cores you've mentioned yet but no luck I'm afraid with the button press. Even tried switching to 60Hz and NTSC. Screen still switches off. Stupid monitor. Am I able to hook it up to my TV? Maybe someone can link me to a suitable cable.

Another issue. Unsure if it's the C16 core or my Chameleon settings. I installed the C16 core, the c16.rom file which I downloaded from the github link given is in the root directory on my SD card as instructed. But when I try boot the core, the monitor screen goes black with the monitor itself (not the chameleon) telling me on the screen "input not supported". I'm guessing it's a video display issue. It's not happening with my other emulator cores. I'm on the latest Chameleon 9p update.