Posts by Dean

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Jens, I would also like to return my ACA1233n /26 for the free re-programming of the CPLD.

Just out of interest would it be possible to trade my card for a ACA1233n 40mhz?

Thanks.

I recently purchased an ACA1233n, and having a few issue's.

Firstly, with the ACA software.

ACASwitchCPU:

When I run ACASwitchCPU (from the icon without any arguments), and choose to disable the turbocards memory, it reboots and gets stuck with a black screen.

If I reset i get guru, and if i turn off the system the Amiga boot as normal.

If i run ACASwitchCPU, but choose not to disaboe the cards memory, it does nothing at all :/

ACASwitchC0Mem:

The system reboots, but does not turn off the 1MB of SlowRAM.

The other issue is memory tests in Systest 1.2.

-- Kickstart Memory Scan --

** 129.0 MB Total Memory Detected **

(Chip 2.0MB -- Fast 126.0 MB -- Slow 1.0MB)

-- Kickstart Memory List --

NR Lower. Upper.

0. 00000000 - 001fffff - Chip 2MB

1. 00c00000 - 00cfffff - Slow 1MB

2. 40000000 - 47dfffff - Fast 126MB

As you can see all ram is detected in Kickstart mem scan and list, however direct mem scan shows 0 Fast!

-- Direct Memory Scan --

** 3.0MB Total Memory Detected **

(Chip 2.0MB -- Fast 0.0MB -- Slow 1.0MB)

Memory Test for chip and slow are fine, but the mem test for fast ( 40000000 - 47dfffff ) hangs/freezes.

My A1200 Specs:

A1200 REV 1D.4

E121C and E122C not present.

E123C and E125C are present.

Amiga-Kit CF IDE HDD (3cm cable).

Original Commodore A1200 3-amp PSU.

I cleaned both sides of the cpu slot/socket contacts with an eraser before installing the ACA1233n. i have a fresh install of WB3.1.4 with BestWB and Update. I Installed MuTools, and the ACA Software.

Questions:

Could the fast memory test issue in SysTest be the E123C and E125C resistors on my board?

Would the MuTools conflict with the ACA1233n software?

(I installed the ACA1233n software after the MuTools, was that the correct way?)

The ACA1233n card seems to be working fine with no crashes in games. I also filled up the RAMDisk in Workbench without any issues.

My only gripe is not being able to utilise the ACA software to put my Amiga back to stock without having to take out the accelerator.

Any advice would be appreciated.