Posts by Mickoz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I'll send you an email Jens. I'd be keen to send back the PSU's I have to get them tweaked if the price is reasonable.

Hi Jens,

Not sure if you are getting my emails? My last email from you was 25th Feb.

Right, AmigaKit never sent those caps to us, but my guess is that it boils down to the cap on -12V being too low-ESR and the overcurrent protection tripping right when you turn on.

We can retro-fit the fix on the older CA-PSU, but that's a paid upgrade. The over-current protection needs to be delayed during the switch-on period when caps are charged. This is not necessary on a stock A1200 or on an A1200 that has been re-capped with the correct parts. It's only the ones that are equipped with *much* lower ESR caps that make the over current protection trip.

So no, you're not out of luck - I'm willing to help.

I'll send you an email Jens. I'd be keen to send back the PSU's I have to get them tweaked if the price is reasonable.

I had a board from a German customer here - we did refund a few (2 or three) customers before that. Not sure if you were among the refunded?

No I was not refunded. I purchased 2 at the time and both work fine on my A500's, but not on my A1200. You were getting capacitors caps from Amigakit to test and apparently these never arrived. I seriously just gave up chasing because it felt hopeless at the time. I believe I was the first or second case with this issue. I guess I'm out of luck all round :(

We finally got the DC-DC converter chips the week before Xmas, and PCB production is currently going on, after tiny changes to the board have already been verified on a sample PCB: We've had a support case where the short-circuit protection was triggering due to "too good new capacitors" on an A1200 board, and I wanted to fix that for the next production run.

Since these are 2-layer aluminium core boards, production is not as fast as standard FR-4 boards. I hope to have the empty boards here in Germany during the last week of January, and only when all components have arrived at the assembly place, I can hope for a produciton time slot at the assembly house. I currently don't see these being available before mid-February. I won't launch pre-orders unless all dates have been confirmed by all parties involved.

Was that me Jens? I am still unable to use my PSU on my A1200. I'd almost given up on any sort of fix.

I bought a kit from AmigaKit. Is there specific caps I should look closer at? The surface mount ones or the through hole?

I didn't pay much attention to them when I put them in, just made sure the polarity was good and everything was cleaned.

I can recap again if you think that may be the issue...I really hope that it is.

I can't even see what brand these are without pulling them.

Any recommendations?

Yes, I've tried without the accelerator. Initially when I first threw it all together, the accelerator was out and I did pull the Indi MK3 out as per my original post when nothing worked.

Recapped the A1200 in January this year when I acquired it.

But to put be sure, I just pulled everything out, including the IDE to CF with no change in behaviour. Then plugged my A500 PSU and it started. I did have the LED header plugged in to see if anything was happening. Even the keyboard was disconnected on this last test.

I agree that I don't think they are defective. They work with my A500's. But my otherwise perfectly working A1200 doesn't even attempt to start with a CA-PSU driving it, where I have 3 other old shitty Commodore PSU's that do.

I don't know what to say Jens...I get it that its hard to support someone from the other side of the world and there are so many different variations of the Amiga hardware that I guess its hard to know them all. I really wanted to have a solid power solution for the A1200 that I have just decked out with your top of the range accelerator and flicker fixer, but I feel like I'm stuck with an A500 brick. I guess I can recap that on the weekend and feel a little safer.

I do feel disappointed though.

Attached two shots of the inside. While testing, only the PSU is attached. The gotek power and floppy cable are disconnected and all the little black and red wires coming out of the gotek are disconnect from the rotary encoder and LCD that form part of the gotek on the lid of the A1200.

This identical setup works when the old 4.3A A500 brick is plugged in.

Hi Jens,

Yes the brick lights up and the DIN plug was pushed all way.

For the record, I have powered on the CA-PSU and get a green light and hot plugged it in, as soon as I do this the LED on the CA-PSU goes out.

When I say green LED, I mean the one on the CA-PSU, not the brick. The brick LED stays lit all the time.