Posts by Darthcustom

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi,

C64 OS comes with an SD Card containing the files for the installation. Is there a way to mount the SD CARD or some directory in the SD CARD inserted into TC64 as Drive 8? TC64 can mount D64 files but those are too small for copying C64 OS. There is a guide for installing it with SD2IEC (that mounts the SD CARD as Drive 8 ) or using VICE with HD alternatives.

Any help or clues are welcomed.

Thanks and regards

david

Hi,

I have uploaded the newest Minimig AGA Core to my TCv2. System boots but Mouse is not working. Previously, it was working fine. I can move the mouse with numeric keyboard when Caps Lock is on, but mouse on PS/2 port is not working

Any ideas what's going on? Anyone Sith same problem?

I have updated 832OSDAC.bin file (previously I had 832OSDAA.bin).

Is there a way to test PS/2 port of the Chamaleon with some other Core/App?

Thanks and regards

David

hi,

I’m reading about MIST FPGA and MISTER, and I’ve found there are many more ported cores available, specially for arcade machines like ghostngoblins and others.

Can these cores be ported to TC2?

In case they cannot, what FPGA system do you recommend? MIST OR MISTER?

thanks

Hi all,

I´ve got a PS2 keyboard in eBay (brand new Logitech) for 9€ inc shipment, and works fine, both on C64 and Minimig. I just need to map keys properly. I´ve selected Spansh key mapping but some keys do not match.

Any ideas how to edit Key mapping in Amiga?

Thanks and regards

David

Hi Alastair, Thanks for your comments. I'm not expert in Amiga OS.

I have only PAL monitor in Devs. Not sure where this is coming from. In Prefs, I can only see PAL modes. I've tried to change chipset to NTSC but there is no change. Still see only PAL modes.

IS there ea way to edit or copy additional Monitors to Devs? What files need to be edited to change Monitor properties?

Thanks and regards

David

Hi Alastair,

Congrats!!! Tested and working. Now I can get 256 colors!!! Great, still resolution is low.... don't know if I can grow it up to 800x600 or 1024x768 like VGAs. I guess I can´t.

It took me time to find the hidden glow icons in Storage disk. I'm using 3.1.4 ROM and Workbench.

Speedinfo reports slower speed though (13.19 vs 16.83) than previous MINIMIG. Is this correct?

Thanks and regards

HI,

I have plugged an USB keyboard using an USB-PS2 adaptor, but it is not working. Any ideas? Keybord tested in Raspberry Pi working OK. USB Mouse is working OK as well.

Thanks

Yep, I had to turn it off, cause many Disks failed to load. The disks were not recognized. I also unchecked Floppy Disk Turbo.

I will try ECS and report back. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I will try Kickstart ROM 3.1.4 with Workbench 3.1.4 and let you know If it works. I'm pretty sure it will :)

BTW... Error 27 seems to be gone....

Thanks and regards

Thanks Alastair for the tip....

Here is the result moving to 68020, alpha, Chipset is now OCS-A1000, Chip mem: 2.0 MB, Fast 2.0 MB, Turbo Chip: on. I have Kickstart version 40.63 and Workbench 40.42.

Increased significantly, now it is 1683% faster tan Amiga 600.

Is there any newer Kickstart ROM or Workbench that I can test?

Thanks and regards

Hi there,

I'm still learning about Minimig on my TC64v2. I.´ve found some Amiga apps, like Sysinfo, and DOpus Plus.

Sysinfo works just fine. It reports 68010 CPU and Speed si 110% compared to Amiga 600.

I have downloaded DOpus Plus file manager, but it is in ISO format. Is there a way to "insert" ISO files in MINIMIG?

Thanks and regards

David

Hi Alastair,

You are certainly right. I changed Kickstart 1.3 ROM to newer version and now I've been able to set up the Harddisk and install Workbench 3. With this new ROM, error 27 is less frequent, but I got it a couple of times. I´ll stay tuned for the new release.

As a former Commodore 64 owner as teenager I always wanted to have an Amiga. Now I have it!!!! Thanks to Chameleon and Minimig!!!

Thanks Alastair for your great work and support

David

OK, some progress. I moved the HDF file to the root directory of the SD and now minimig finds it. I have not read in any place that HDF file needs to be in the root directory. Now I need to initialise the disk.

Problem now is that I'm only able to boot using Workbench 1.3.3 ADF disk. I'm trying to boot with Workbench 2.1 and workbench 3.0 or 3.1.. I´using ADF files from AMIGA TOSEC.

When I select the Install (1/6) or Workbench (2/6) image files in the firs disk unit, the system does not boot and ask for Workbench 1.3 disk.

When I boot with Workbench 1.3 and select other disks in the second drive, I get an icon of the disk, but cannot open the unit.

Any ideas? Suggestions of Workbench distributions that I need to use?

Thanks

I followed this detailed tutorial to create a working, minimig core compatible hdf file:

http://amiga.amedia-computer.c…ation_Minimig_English.pdf

This is what I'm following. But once I create the Harddisk file, I copy it to the SD, boot Minimig on Chamaleon V2, hit Run/STOP to display MINIMIG menu, activate Harddisk but when I select FILE, the MINIMIG says there are no files. I can manage to start Workbench 1.3 adf file, but no luck with hdf. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi again,

Thanks for the answer. I plugged an USB mouse to the PS2 mouse port with an adaptor, and mouse is working fine. I'm loading workbench 1.3 disk but I'm getting an MINIMIG Error: error WriteTrack Code: #27

Does it have to do with Disk being write protected? How can I remove protection?

I'm planning to connect an USM keyboard with similar adaptor, hope it works fine.

As for the Hardisk, I have created a Hardisk with command

mkfile 512m Hardfile.hdf

Then moved the file to the SD at \AMIGA\Hardfile.hdf, but when I activate the hardisk support in Minimmig options menu, it does not recognize the file. Does it have to be in the root directory? Any special name?

Thanks