Posts by celco001

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Tobias, Thanks for the info.

@robinsonb5. Thanks for the tips. I will check the monitor, but it's an old Medion monitor and you can't change a lot on this thing. I will also try the overscan prefs in the Workbench

Anyway, I'm already happy that the minimig core is working.

Great job

I don't know if it's allowed or interesting to post the following.

@robinsonb5

Finally I got your core working. Very nice. The 3.1.4. rom is also working fine.

Just 2 questions if I may:

- Is it possible to get the Amiga OS on full screen? At the startup from the minimig core and the Amiga OS there are black borders on the screen.

I tried with the F1, F2, F3, F4 keys but I don't get it better as on the picture. Perhaps it's my old monitor?

- I use the TC v2 in stand alone mode (for now). Do you know if it's possible to boot straightly in the minimig core instead of via the TC menu?

Many thanks

@robinsonb5. Thanks for the feedback. The manual I found before.
    The part I was missing for myself was this: "By default the Minimig core puts out a scandoubled PAL video signal, 31Khz horizontal, 50Hz vertical scanrates, and not all monitors can cope with that. Try holding down F1 on the PS/2 keyboard while pressing the reset button to force scandoubled NTSC mode (60Hz) which more monitors can cope with, F3 for 480i NTSC video, or F4 for 576i PAL video.

This pointed me to the right way. Many thanks

@robinsonb5. Many thanks for all the work. Is there something a site or pdf from a how to install... and requirements for the minimig core? As far as I can understand I followed the known instructions but nothing happens when I turn on the TC V2.

Many thanks.

@turrican9, thanks for replying. I checked couple of times the power. Seems to be ok. Finally I tried a different monitor and guess what, it's working. Tried an old Medion monitor and the chameleon is working well. Do you know what format the SD card needs to be? And can I use the SD card to put C64 games on it? Cheers

Dear all.

Sorry if this has been posted already or the question sounds stupid, but I'm really a noob with the Chameleon V2.

I want to run the Chameleon as standalone as I don't have a C64 (yet). When I connect all the cables to the Chameleon as instructed, nothing happens on my screen. I see the red and green light flashing once on the Chameleon when connecting power cable and 1 time the red light again. Then nothing on my screen.

Did I forgot something such as software on a SD card or do i need to flash a core before to start working with the Chameleon ?

Sorry for these noob questions.