Posts by carlo

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I have similar issues with ECS V1. Ghosting is visible.

Dear Jens

I have an indivision ECS/OCS V1 installed on my A500 and im in the process of upgrading the CPU. I would like to know if the size for the Indivision V1 and V2 are similar or not since the accelerator that im interested in fits well with Indi V2. What about V1? Is it the same size of V2 please?

Regards

Carlo

Hi,

Jens you mentioned that there will be the use of High GFX so there is no need for a graphix card. Will this improve the graphics of the games and also the resolution? For example do i benefit with the INDI MK3 better graphics mode on games (such as DOOM) with more detailed graphics or this will only improve the workbench screens?

Thanks for your message Tobias. I just wanted to know what could be the problem and fix it myself if needs be (maybe changing components etc). Well i accept your situation. Thanks for your help

Carlo

Jens, I don't think this should be the way forward how to treat clients. Seems that there are loads of people that are complaining about ghosting on the V1 and for any apparent reason they opted to shut their mouth instead of showing you that the v1 has problems too.

Dear Jens, have you seen the pictures i have posted? Turrican9 is experience ghosting on the ECS v1 too. Can you please provide a solution maybe component replacement etc?

Hi turrican9,

It is unacceptable when the RGB out is a far better signal on a 15khz BENQ monitor. So you are telling me that this product is not perfect like the RGB circuitry of 30yrs ago. I don't agree, there is something wrong. I don't remember this product with this hitch when it was purchased. There is something wrong and i'm kindly waiting for Jens's reply. Also Jens mentioned in my previous thread that he had never got a single complaint about ghosting on V1. So it seems that people are experiencing ghosting and dont report it. For example you are experiencing ghosting it seems Turrican9.

Turrican9 can you please post pictures?

Dear Jens,

Please have a look at the images i've sent here to tell me whats happening with my Indi ECS. The Indivision ECS is showing signs of ghosting or shadowing in the picture of both A600 and A500 and on different monitors. It is very evident especially with moving objects on screen. As you can see on the A500 (KSv1.3) there are evident bar vertical lines on the left side of the screen and on the A600 (KS v2.0) you see the ghosting near the Amiga logo. Can you please indicate if this indivision has a failed component/s or its better to send it for repairs?

Thanks for your help.

Carlo

Hi,

I changed the cable and problem persisted. Is there possibility that there is a faulty component/filter that needs replacement? IS it possible to get another Indivision VGA ribbon cable maybe its the problem? To tell you the truth only recently i noticed this problem (circa 4 months ago)

Dear Jens

Im experiencing Ghosting with my original ECS flicker fixer on my a600. Any news how to fix the ghosting? I was interested in buying the v2 for my a500 but i want to solve this issue first, since i don't want to end up with a similar problem. The A600 was tested on a 15khz BENQ monitor using the RGB out of the A600 and no Ghosting were noted. The problem happens only when i connect the VGA out of the Indivision ECS to ANY monitor.

Replies are greatly appreciated for any possible fixes.

thanks

Carlo

I'm experiencing ghosting on both a viewsonic and a BENQ monitor only when i connect the indivision ECS V1. I checked the RGB out on a 15khz BENQ monitor and the ghosting disappear. Does JENS replies here?

Any news how to fix the ghosting. I have a similar problem with my ECS v1.0 on my a600. I was interested in buying another one for my a500 but i want to solve this issue first.

Dear Jens, has there been any fixes with ECS Version 1?

thanks

Carlo