Posts by turrican9

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Found a nice monitor that works really nice with my TC64 V2s. I just bought it new and is still produced and sold as of this post. Looks like I lucked out with this one.

DELL E1715S

- Aspect Ratio: 5:4

- Resolution: 1280x1024

- 50Hz mode and sync to VIC II on: Yes, tested in cartridge mode

- In general: Tested 800x600@50Hz, 720x576@50Hz and 768x576@50Hz (all with VIC II sync on). All the tested resolutions fills the screen with correct overscan area and nice aspect ratio. Seems perfect for TC64/TC64 V2. Smooth scrolling. All was tested using VGA. This monitor has a display port aswell.

As a sidenote, tested with minimig AGA, mistery and C16 cores. Works perfect there aswell. Smooth scrolling and correct aspect ratio. No 15KHz support though.

Yes, it's changed since the first version of the MiSTery core: I've added more standardised support for loading and saving configs to the framework, and made its behaviour consistent between cores. For those cores which support config files, the relevant menu can be found by opening the OSD then pressing cursor right. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I had no clue. Will try cursor right then. Thanks for your great work

Could you try the attached core, and let me know if it solves this issue, please?

(I found a bug which I'd introduced into the bookmark code, which basically disabled the bookmarks. There's still a weird memory corruption / ROM loading issue which only appears to affect V2 hardware - still investigating that...)

I downloaded this core for my TC64V2. And now I can write to images without them going corrupt. However, I no longer see an option to save the profile to the config file? I think I had this option on the older cores from the retro ramblings page

Sound-wise, there are no problems. It's about the capacitors used for the POT inputs - they are a single capacity, not switched depending on the SID type.

These capacitors don't play any role in mouse position data transfer, so the "problem" reported by the diagnostic cartridge only affects fully-analogue paddles (not even the paddle emulation that you have with Micromys). With those paddles, you'll have a small offset, but you should be able to get from min to max without problems.

Jens

So this is a common problem and my Sid's are okay?

I have 3 8580 Sid chips with the same fault when using diagnostics. Tried them on various rev.A and rev.B shortboards. They sound fine and everything works. I have not tried paddles though, as I don't have any.

"kind of" - while the actual IDE speeder doesn't do anything on the ACA500plus, it has it's own way of improving CF card speed that works with all ACA12xx accelerators. You will see considerable CF card speed increase with any A1200 accelerator.

Jens

Yes, of course. I see great improvements if I use my ACA1221 or ACA1233 in my ACA 500/ACA 500 Plus. But in his specific case he would reap the benefits of the extra IDE speeder thing in the ACA1234 that the A1200 can take advantage of. While at the same time putting one of his other ACA12xx accelerators into his ACA 500 Plus and of course get the 'general' ACA12xx IDE improvements from those. Without 'wasting' that extra IDE booster A1200 thing that the ACA1234 series has.

What is the best accelerator to use with the ACA500plus? I already have ACA1221EC and ACA 1233n which I use in my A1200s. Is the ACA1221lc ok or should I go for a ACA1234? or do I use one of the ACA1221EC or ACA1233n and buy the ACA1234 to put in the A1200?

I have the X-surf 500 so want the accelerator to speed up web browsing.

Sorry for all the questions, just got the ACA500plus and absolutly love it.

One good option would be to buy an ACA1234 and put that one in your A1200. Because of the IDE speeder thing. Which would be wasted if you put it in your ACA 500 Plus. Then you could put either your ACA1221EC or ACA1233n into your ACA 500 Plus..

I have both the Original ACA 500 and the ACA 500 Plus. Love them both.

The Original ACA 500 needs an A1200 accelerator to really shine. I have mine paired with a fully unlocked ACA 1221. It's a really nice setup. Perfect for whdload games and Demos.

The ACA 500 Plus on the other hand is very capable without any A1200 accelerator. I really love this one. Has just enough fast RAM to preload whdload slaves like Monkey Island 2 and Fate of Atlantis. With it's overclocking capabilities it can rival or beat many 020 accelerators. It's also very versatile as you can set your Amiga 500 to run as a bog standard A500 without the need to unplug the ACA 500 Plus. And can also use DF1 as DF0 without the need for hardware modifications. Perfect for an external Gotek. Another thing is since this is based on an overclocked 68000, certain whdload games does not suffer from slowdowns (can be fixed with 'cache' in tooltip sometimes) due to the 68000 being a true 16bit CPU instead of 32bit that can cause slowdows due to async bus.

Alot of great features. Really love these devices. Love all my stuff from Individual Computers.

If it doesn't work, may it damage the motherboard ?

There is no reason it shouldn't work. And even if for some very, very strange reason it didn't work, there is no reason why it would damage the motherboard.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into that. So booting Degrader prior to launching I game wouldn't work on my board revision?

I would say just try it. But if you set PAL globally in the whdload bootfile and save it you don't need to boot the degrader. Don't know if your talking about the program called degrader or if it's the bootdisk that simply switches the machine between PAL/NTSC which should be linked somewhere in this forum.

It would be easiest to force PAL globally in the whdload config file. 8375 NTSC cannot be switched to PAL via jumpers on the motherboard. ACA500/Plus can do it or via a tool booting from disk. That's why I suggest in your case to do it via whdload

So you cannot expand the horizontal width with your monitors settings or widen it with the monitors pixel clock adjustment?

Edit, just noticed you already have your adjustment at max horizontal width. How big are the black bars? You have a picture of your screen? It could be that your monitor is not switching to 720x576 but another resolution. You could try experimenting with the config tools pixel clock if this is the case. See if you can get it to switch to 720x576

It would be very nice with full TAP emulation for sure. Personally I find that the CRT images that has the TAP loading screen and music is very nostalgic for me and I find it much better than nothing.

With that said, I have a TheC64 (the emulator based remake of the C64) and that one has full TAP support. For me I only loaded a couple of TAP images out of nostalgia and after that I mostly used D64, D81 or CRTs because it's alot more convenient and faster. Just as back in the day I would rather use floppy disks than tape. Only in those cases I didn't have a particular game on floppy I would load the tape version.

But again, I would love to have the full tape emulation feature on my TC64s, even if I would probably end up not using this feature much.