Posts by d0pefish

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I may as well reply here as I have an account! :)

Thanks again for this info - fascinating!

Would you say that it is correct to always enable the COLOR bit?

I found this note in the WHDLoad docs, which seems to agree:

Some hardware especially flickerfixer require that this bit is set to output a proper video signal. Therefore for best compatibility this bit should always be set. Checked are direct writes to custom.bplcon0 and all Copper lists.

As for GAUD, I just ensured that we don't set this bit thanks to your advice, and everything seems fine on my own Indivision ECS now. :)

Thanks for the reply Jens,

Understood re: the CPLD. If it was broken, I do have an Altera USB Blaster and Quartus setup that I use for programming Cyclone-based projects like the OSSC - would you be able to accommodate providing the binary contents of the CPLD so that I could try to replace it with a new one if you don't have the time?

I'd still like to send it to you at least for a diagnosis if that's okay - shall I just send to to your address with a covering letter?

Thankyou!

-Dale

Hi Jens,

I have the same question, hope you don't mind me adding to Paulo's post.

A long time ago I bought an ACA630 with the 'limited edition' 64MB/33MHz upgrade option from AmigaKit, and sadly it seems to have finally stopped working. I tried contacting AmigaKit for support - even though it's been a long time I thought they might at least advise me if I had any options - but no response.

The two A600s I have tested it on are fine; 68000s have been resoldered to rule out 'microfractures', boards have fresh capacitors, and I use a modern PSU replacement, so I'm pretty confident ACA is dead - machine refuses to boot with it attached and no amount of cleaning/reseating has helped.

Would I be able to send my accelerator to you for repair, too? I'm happy to pay for it if it's not too uneconomical, would really prefer a working ACA over looking for an alternative. I'm based in the UK.

If yes, what's the best way to contact you to set this up?

Thankyou, and Mfg,

-Dale