Posts by rossb

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Didn't think of the jumpers - MK1 is quit a long time ago. J1 (the jumper for datasette motor voltage) might be another choice if you are using a 12V VIC. 12V can also be taken from the coil L4 near the SID, left of the keyboard connector: The upper terminal is 12V.

That's really helpful Jens, Thankyou! Yes, it is a while ago. The board is serial# 08 :-)

Thanks Jens,

Is it possible to take it from PIN 1 of J2 (jumper for VICII voltage selector) as this is shown in the plexi laser doc, with a simple connector, however this also assumes a 12V VICII is not being used (in the diagram jumper is on PIN2&3 for 5V VICII) and ground is taken from PIN2 of LED connector. Failing that I will see if I can find a "solder buddy". Is there anywhere you would recommend to take the 12V from an SMD.

Regards,

Ross.

Hi,

I've just acquired a C64R MK1 and also a transparent case from Plexilaser. Does anyone know of pre built LED strips with the required connectors already attached to the strip wires? I have a strip here but have zero skill with a soldering iron. Any pointers would be appreciated. An dI guess ultimately is there anywhere on the MK1 where I could take 12V from?

Regards,

Ross.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could confirm if the ACA500Plus works with the Blizzard 1230MKIV? If so are there any known issues or limitationa? I am thinking of purchasing an ACA500Plus for use on a Rev6 motherboard with Fatter Agnus and a 512KB trapdoor expansion. I have a spare 1230 MKIV here that I would really like to use if it is supported. The product page alludes to the fact that it *may* work (but no official support is offered) but I wonder if anyone has experience or something a little more definitive.

Regards,

Ross.

That piece of plastic is there to insulate the bottom of the PCB that sticks out the side of the case. So yes, it's going under the circuit board. The hole is for the screw dome of the lower case part, and now that you know that this is for insulation, there's only one way that it can go: With the edges matching the edges of the part that sticks out the side.

This is actually the part of the case that caused the delay of one day :-)

Thanks Jens, I'll get it fitted back in! :thumbup:

All Done!! ;)

Hi,

Just received my Chameleon 2 and opened up the case to install the battery for the RTC. I feel a little stupid but a large piece of black plastic with a hole on one end fell out when I opened the case and after trawling lookng for images online and fiddling I can't for the life of me work out where it goes and orientation!!! I'm pretty sure it was under the PCB, case closes fine without it but I'm guessing it's there for a good reason :/

Pic atached

Regards,

Ross.