Posts by not_buddha

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

2.5 months since the last update... any progress?

I've tried connecting the Indivision ECS V2 to the VGA pass-through of my Piccolo RTG card, and the image is smearing much worse when routed through the Piccolo.
    With my limited understanding of electronics, can I suppose that it really is a matter of bad/missing termination there? How can we solve this?

Thanks, you've found the problem: The cable seems to be broken just *outside* the strain relief.

It's just a bit surprising because I'm aware of this and rarely wind cables, and I never wind them tightly. I kept this joystick un-wound and ready to play. However I do move it around a lot, so maybe I strained it without noticing. In any case, I'll be more careful from now on.

Do you happen to have a spare cable for me to solder in?

(I speak both, and your English is immaculate - if it makes no difference, I opt for English as it is understood by a wider audience of the forum. If you prefer German, please let me know)

Dear iComp team,

When I tried to use my Competition Pro Retro today, I found that pressing it in the left direction does nothing.

Connecting another joystick works, so it's the CPR that has stopped working, not my computer.

Any idea what could have happened? It was working just last week. It isn't modded either, just the stock joystick that suddenly stopped responding to left presses.

Thanks and kind regards!

Thank you, I'm looking forward!

Megademo 6 is a standard AmigaDOS disk. From a quick test in UAE, it's sufficient to load the executable '1' from a hard disk, with all other files removed (I got this hint from the a1k.org thread - thanks there!). I hope that helps speed up the initial diagnostics.

As for seldomly-used, unfortunately this also affects at least one game - please have a look the a1k.org thread for extensive photo coverage on that, too.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Dear iComp team,

It seems like I've stumbled upon an incompatibility in Indivision's emulation of the Denise chip.

Could you please test the following demo on a machine equipped with Indivision ECS v2?

Kefrens Megademo 6

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=31311

ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/am…ens/Kefrens-Demodisk6.adf

Once the intro shows, press the left mouse button once to skip to the first part of the demo.

Here is a photo of how it looks on my A2000 with an Indivision ECS v2 configured for OCS mode:

First things first, please ignore the broken scroller at the bottom of the screen - that's because of an ECS Agnus, and does not matter for this bug report at all.

As you can see from the photo above, the letters K and S are black depending on their position. This shouldn't be the case, and indeed it does not happen on my other Amiga equipped with a real OCS Denise. They should remain coloured at all times.

According to a discussion in a forum, this does not happen with ECS Denise either, but it *does* happen in old versions of UAE and has been fixed meanwhile:

https://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70224

Is it possible that Indivision's Denise emulation makes the same mistake?

I suppose this can be fixed with a firmware update, so I'd be grateful for a fix.

Thank you very much!

I have the same issue. Here are two more photos to hopefully clarify the issue.

My settings are the default VESA 1280x1024 and 640x512 PAL, shown on a native 1280x1024 LCD.

On the first photo, the text in the menu bar is smeared horizontally to the right: The black font has a washed out shadow to the right, and the top left of the 'h' has the white pixels on its left bleeding into it:

The other photo shows disk icons bleeding several pixels into a window border: