Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Another question about the remote. After using it for a few days I understand now what you mean. It is fantastic. It is super sensitive so I can pretty much aim it anywhere in the room I want, and the TC still receives it.

My question: Many games uses Y/N inputs for trainers and stuff. Is there a way to get past them using the remote or do I need a keyboard for this ?

I power my TC64 from my TV USB so that it powers up when my TV powers up. Is it safe to have the TC64 powered on for 24 hours or more or is there some heat-thing I need to be aware of ? (It is standing under my TV, it's got plenty of air around it for cooling). Just wanted to ask :-) I am sure it's not a problem, but it's always good to be sure.

Tobias: Alastair Robinson who ported the MiniMig core to the V1 is on our Fb group and he says he has downloaded Quartus and the example V2 code and I am sure he is willing to give it a try, but it would be great if you got in touch with him.

Hello,

There is a discussion over at FB as to what happens when the TC is inserted in the C64. There is a misconception about the

TC being just a FPGA-machine even when inserted in the C64 and that it just uses the C64 keyboard and IO ports but the rest is

happening in the FPGA.

So -- I want to make sure I get a fact-based reply from you guys to make sure that the users are 100% up to date what is done in FPGA

and what is left done in the C64 when used in cartridge-mode with a C64.

Q: When the TC is inserted in the C64 and you use the VGA out, what remaining hardware in the C64 is used (vic, sid, memory etc.) ?

Some say that the TC is just a Vampire for the C64 and that everything happens in the TC even when plugged in. I would like to clear

up the facts and present a proper reply to the users over at FB so that we make sure all is aware about the facts ASAP before

false facts starts to arise.

I figured it was best to go directly to you guys for the source of this information to make sure it is 100% correct.

//Espen

It's possible, but its not on the todo list right now. You'll already have a hard time filling up a 32GB SDHC card with C64 stuff :)

True -- with C64 stuff, yes. But I will also use it for Amiga :) But, 32GB should be enough--but I just threw $26 out the windows for the 128GB card. Hehe....oh well, I will find use for it somewhere, sometime I guess. Now I have to run and go buy a SDHC 32GB. My TC64 tracking# says it's in customs so the customs officer must now play a c64 game for it to pass inspection ;-)

Jens: Cool, so this is an adapter that inputs 12V from an "off the shelf 12V-PSU" and converts to the AC and DC which the C64 needs ? I have long waited for someone to make such an adapter. Instead, people make complete PSU-replacements and they look chunky and big. I hope this 12V-adapter you are making will see the daylight when you find time. It would also be cool if it had output to the Amiga so you could use the same adapter for the C64 and the Amiga (maybe not at the same time, but still).

Thumbs up! :)

I was wondering if the TC64V2 would accept a SD card as large as 128GB ? I bought one in advance and have planned to fill it with all my preferred junk, but not I am afraid I might have gone over the top and bought a card (Samsung uSD with adapter 128GB) which is not compatible with the TC64V2.

Is there some size-limit currently, or is it a trial and error type of situation where I will just find out when I try it ?

Yes, that is very very nice. Oh I cannot wait till I get mine :) I think it's stuck somewhere in transit because it has said "Hamburg" for about 3-4 days or so now. Either there is a Hamburger sitting there playing with my TC64, or the mail man in ultra slow because we have about 100 meters of snow now ;)

Thanks for sharing the info above. Looks super.

Tobias: I thought the cores that ran on V1 also would run on V2 and that you chose the current FPGA chip so that everything from V1 would work seemlessly on the V2 without any porting. But, if I understand the post above correctly the core authors (e.g. minimig core) now needs to port it to the FPGA used in the V2 ? If this is the case, why did you not upgrade the FPGA to a bigger one so it would have room for larger cores ?

This is not critique -- I am just curious :-)

I tried to see if "open for reading" is possible, but FB says NO :-/ It's either Public or Private. I agree -- it should have had such an option so that non-members could read but not post.

ThE FB group kicked off and has 60+ members. Lots of ppl in the commodore64/128 group weren't aware of the TC64 so I am doing my best to tell about it and promote its awesomeness. Hope you see more orders now that more are aware of it. If the group helps you guys sell more, then that is a great thing.

ooh....you mean Facebook aren't GDPR compliant ? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Fully understand the freeze.I think it is important that you clearly state before the community what the goal for the Reloaded MK3 is as there is more and more people gathering in the Ultimate64 camp. I know the difference -- but it's always up to the demand of the market to decide what is considered overlapping products and what is unique.

The think I am getting at is that the Ultimate64 is doomed as a direct PCB replacement and therefore has its limitations physically speaking. So, my (as a potential customer) wish is that your product R-MK3 aims to cover more ground in terms of where one can mount and use it.

I am really looking forward to reading about the MK3's feature and what to expect when you are ready to flag it to the community.

My wish list is to have a board which at least has a SID socket but also has all TC64-stuff onboard. Kind of a franken-board that takes the best from what we can expect from a U64 board -- but adds all the things we wish it had.

I am just throwing things out here.... disregard any foolish thoughts or ideas hehe :-D

yes -- that is one mother of a connector. But you got my point ... to have mainboard + connectorboard :) I am a sucker for small footprint-solutions (hence why i bought the tc64) so I can't have a breadbin anymore. But I love the hunt for new releases and solutions. I think 2015-> has seen an insane rise in HW-development for the C= machines. It's freakin fantastic :-)

I am sure you guys come up with something genius so I am l looking forward to seeing the news about it in the future.

that hardware upgrade you are talking of will basically become the C64RMK3 :)

shipping will start on 31st... *afaik*

Will you make the motherboard the same as the last version for a direct physical fit in the breadbox? It would be SUPER COOL if the ReloadedMK3 would be just a small board but with a IO connector to break out the userport,cassport,iec,cartridgeport,joyports,etc so that the user can also mount this inside a custom case and then you can sell a standalone connector-board which hooks up to the MK3 board IO connector and the connector-board is just a small PCB-strip with all the connector so that the user can screw that to the existing holes in a breadboard box to get the connectors.

For me -- I want your board -- but I don't want it because it is the same size as the original PCB: hence, I cannot retrofit it into smaller case (e.g. a rebuilt laptop case).

...well, that is just my two cents :-)