Posts by mbruines197703

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I gues this can be a lot of things like firewalls, Antivirus, incorrect gateway (for multiple subnets) preventing a ping response.

Did you try to ping an address on the internet like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8?

Another long shot, my previous switch i used in my man-cave got upset when using 10mbit devices after a day or so. Then all kind of weird things like this happend. After a reset everything was ok again for a while. Afcource i retired this switch.

Hi,

For some reason i can't get the VIC 20 core running, its just ending with red screen and -JAM- (PC: 01F4) :( minimig, msx and the arcade cores are running without any issue.

I'm using a TC64v2 and afcource flashed the file "chameleon_vic20_v2.rbf" (release 20190415 and 20190321). The core version for the chameleon is Beta-9i

Well, in that case its right on schedule :)

A note on game monitors, with the newer monitors freesync/gsync is more and more only available on the HDMI, even when there is also a VGA input.

Afcource i dont know if the next version of the IndiAGA supports vsync on the digital output…

By the way, why not take the amiga to the store and try, worked for me ^^since none of the listed monitors in the wiki are available here.

Didnt find any better place to ask. There is one thing i simple dont now about the original PSU's.

I have several of the following commodore PSU's :

- A500 4.5 Amp as 5volt 1 Amp on 12 volt

- A300 (A1200/A600) with 3 Amp on 5 volt and 500 mAmp on 12 volt.

Should i use the A500 model on an A1200 with Rapid road, ACA1233 and Indivision AGA MK2 or can i just as safe use the original A300 psu as supplied by commodore for the A1200?

Mostly i read that the 4.5Amp is preferred when extra hardware like an accelerator is added. But i can also imagine that modern hardware like the ACA1233 use less power to operate as long as the PSU is in good maintained condition.

If this is the case, then i will get the A300 PSU recapped too.

Ehh, i used a 32gb cf as amiga harddisk for my 3.1 set-up.

The installer from the aca500 will take care of the pfs part if you want an easy installation.

Only the first partition has to be under the first 4gb as far i know.

I say used because i installed a 3.1.4 rom (wanted to have the real roms) with wb 3.1.4.

Hi,

I took my complete setup to the store for a new monitor since they couldnt tell me if it would work ^^

I got home with a Iiyama gmaster (g2530hsu). It works on all my amiga's (Indi ECs V1/V2 and AGA, CVS64-3d and spectrum 24) and also on my chameleon, but on the chameleon i have very big borders on top and bottom on this screen.

Only downside i have is that it doesnt support 4/3 aspect ratio. But the image is in my opinion perfect , exept for some sort of ghosting when connected to the Indi ECSV2

Hi,

Most whdload games wont work with the x-surf500 active.

Before i start a game, i stop the network first and then wait a few seconds before i start a whdload game or demo.

Some demo's work. Initially i wanted to play my games/demo's from a fileshare. I found that some demos worked , some stopped after pressing a key or mouse button. My best gues is that some interrupt or other amiga resources are used that WhdLoad is depending on ..

By the way Most native HD games/applications do work over a fileshare.

I think thats depending on personal preference and use case.

Personally i wouldnt by it for my amiga. there almost as expensive as a free sync game monitor that will accept the input form the indi at 50Hz.

Hi,

I have one (konig) and tried it. It sort of works on a Indivision.

It works for me on the default settings (maybe this can very on different firmware?) . The image it self is ok, but VGA sync wont work, also tweaking a bit and the screen go's black. So screen tearing you have..

For me this is a no go. But i',m using it on my CVS64/3d, altough some modes dont work too.

On my screens (JVC TM-A14PN and Philips CM8833) i see no difference in colors when using the same VICII revisions.

But when i compare a 6569R1 to for example a 6569R3, the colors are different (this is expected).

As far as i can tel the lumafix only reduces the 'colum defect', i use this in my old breadbin.

Hi, did you try the 'power' switch on the keyrah? Down is for emulators.

I didnt try this on a PI,, only on my pc with vice, but normally this should configure the keyboard mapping for emulater use

The sd2iec, works perfectly together with the TC64... (but i assume you already know ;) )

This way i have the benefits of both :

- The direct SD acces of the sd2iec for bigger or more files then a 1541 can handle.

- Everything else from the TC64.

Only reason for me to unplug the TC64 is, if i have to use the datasette since there is no option to turn the TC64 off (or i have missed something).