Posts by mbruines197703

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

We now have reports from a few customers about these screen-dropouts. I'm trying to find what the host computers have in common - you already mentiones your board revision, but that's not enough to really compare the boards. If you can, please list the chip revisions, or even better: Take a picture of the motherboard, ideally from both sides, so we can also see if there are timing mods done on the bottom side of the board.

Please see if the "CCK pull-up" and/or "CCK capacitance" options in the "advanced" menu changes this behaviour. The current theory is that a register access is not working as it should, and access timing is counted along the CCK clock.

Finally some time to try version 1.5 of the firmware/software and to open the amiga. First thing i saw was a factory green patch wire... totally forgot i have put another (recapped) rev 1d1 board in just before the pandamic, any how. I made some images, of the IC's,

I try to make a full image of the board and other components after i have removed everything thats in the way like the rapid road.

On the rev 1d1 i had the folowing issues:

The demo JezesOnEs from LSD is guaranteed to give a lot of black screens, so very easy to reproduce!

The demo Hardwired gave an interlaced effect on the first part displaying the white big text and some blackouts.

Ruff and tumble gave a blackscreen 50% of the time just after the score count af a level.

In work bench, fast switching menus can give blackscreens (not always, hard to reproduce)

Minimizing or scrolling big application windows (also folders) gave black screens (not always, hard to reproduce)

Some times a black screen with just doing nothing on the workbench.

No matter of the setting in the advanced menu, i tried all combinations in version 1.4 and version 1.5 of the indivision software. Results stayed the same.

On the Rev 1d4:

I did the same tests but only with version 1.5 of the indi software. Till now, none of the above happend with the exception some blackscreens in the demo hardwired. but since there is also some other screencorruption i assume this is a software issue.

So it seems the combination Rev 1d1 and IndiMK3 gives the issues. Since you said that with some demo's it can be a timing issue from the software, i didnt pay any more attention to this. But since this is running perfect on my other machine,i have to assume this is not the case.

Oh, and on both boards State of the art is running perfect :).

The black screens are also happening sometimes when doing nothing at all, just having the workbench screen open seems to be enough too.

It happens more regular when using Menu's, closing windows, minimizing windows.

Trying to reproduce is most of the time unsuccesfull,but when it happens its more likely to get the same result over and over again doing the same thing what caused it (in this case minimizing/maximizing DOpus).

I managed to make one image while using the minimize gadged of DOpus 4. Afcource after the blackscreen showing the OSD ^^

I have the feeling its happening (more often) with a 'cold' computer then after using it for some hours

Used setup:

Rev 1d4 board (Recapped)

ACA1233n@40Mhz with IDE speeder at full speed

Rapidroad USB (Nothing attached at the moment),

Realtime clock on clockport (icomp),

32Gb CF as harddrive,

Allready put back the stock Drive since saterday to rule out Gotek drive.

PCMCIA network card (happens when disconnected to)

Sitecom PCMCIA CF adapter (almost never connected)

Icomp CA-PSU

Afcourse the Indivision MKIII

Running OS 3.1.4 afcource with the original roms installed, but mapped to fastram, used screenmode PAL Hires Interlaced in 256 colors.

DVI mode is tuned on, but doesnt seem to be neccecary. All other advanced settings are at the default.

Also tried a stock 3.1 installation with only WHDLoad, DirOpus and personal paint installed since i have some WB enhanchers installed on my normal CF card (ToolsDeamon, click to frond).

I wouldn't have any idea how to work around this - after all, it's a software fault to change copperlists without syncing that action with the current beam position. It's especially annoying with the demo "state of the art" (TP91 winner demo).

Hmm, i just wached "State of the art" twice till the end, and no blackscreens. However, minimizing DirOpus (version 4.0, was by exident clicking at the wrong spot) gave me black screens. When trying to reproduce it , it didnt, later on it did it again. It isnt consequent. My best gues is it does matter where the 'beam' is on the screen. As far as i remember, the copperlist isnt changed when minimizing a window in WorkBench.

What you're describing is a result of copperlist changes from scene to screne, and that may result in a VBlank coming at the "totally wrong spot", resulting in at least two frames being totally out of sync for the monitor.

Well, we have VGA as well :), didnt notice this when using VGA. And Ruff and Tumble is not exactly a smooth scroller compared to others.

I tried on a different TV to reproduce 'black screens'. With Ruf and tumble it again showed up at the and of almost each level and sometimes while playing.

With Brian the lion its not consistent (happend 1 time).

With demo's it is more common, Hardwired is a good example, it happens in the middle of some demo parts (shadebob part before the twist scrolller) where the screen mode isnt changing only now the OSD of the indi shows up after a black screen. Happens quite a lot to.

In this demo the white text (saying crionics and the text after that) is flickering. Dont see this flickering and blackscreens on my IndiECSv2.

can anyone confirm if hdmi audio stops working in alien breed 3d 2 tkg. Music in team17 ocean intro works but no audio in the game its self. Using firmware from 1.4 archive.

Yes, it also stops with turrican III and some other games and demo's. But still its a nice extra, and for most games it works.

I was playing Ruff and Tumble and notices that the screen turns black some times (HDMI, autoresolution), As far i can tell there is no change of screen mode since the OSD isnt popping up.

This is some times during gamplay, but most after finisching a level during count of collected items and fading out. Mostly this starts at the end of the second level / during the second level.

Also had this while playing brian the lion and during some demo's (technical death, same screenmode)

Didnt notice this on VGA, but on HDMI this happens on both my monitors. Using DVI mode gives the same.

As explained earlier, the "jumping up and down" is a result of VSync inserting blank lines in order to do the output VSync at the same time as the host computer. To get around that, we have added the "auto resolution" modes, which avoid inserting extra line, as input and output pixel clocks are perfectly syncronized.

.... or do i need to turnof vsync, and only the auto resolution .. if true, i didnt find this in the manual, but it seems to work this way since sidescrolling is smooth now.

As explained earlier, the "jumping up and down" is a result of VSync inserting blank lines in order to do the output VSync at the same time as the host computer. To get around that, we have added the "auto resolution" modes, which avoid inserting extra line, as input and output pixel clocks are perfectly syncronized.

Yes, and this is turned on. Tried to make a video, but doesnt show to well on my phone camera, cant upload it anyway., shires is also turned on.

For HighGFX and the weird AGA modes, I would not expect VSync or Auto resolution to work.

Yes, i realize that, but while testing forgot to change the test mode, and at the first try the image was very good, second try a no go. Some attempts later stable image.. Thats why i mentioned it, maybe it gives some clue

For the standard modes, its in every attempt no stable image over. its moving up/down by about one pixel

Note that this issue is only on HDMI, VGA is working like a charme.

Did you try it with "auto resolution" enabled? As just vsync has the problem that the VGA/HDMI output and the Amiga input will not contain the same number of total pixels. So there is a jumpy line at the bottom of the screen, which might confuse the HDMI input on the monitor. With auto-resolution enabled the output is forced to have the exact same number of pixels and lines (or twice that) as the Amiga input. Although it will limit the choice of output resolution and for some monitors it only works when setting the mode to SuperHires (even though the games are hires). As this will force a doubling of the Amiga pixel clock as bases for the HDMI. The default 28.x Mhz is often too low for HDMI/DVI monitors (but often works on VGA). But when it works it gives a very good vsync result.

Just tried it again.

When i'm using HIGHGFX:Super hires laces (1024x768) and i use EDID 1440x900@60Hz with VSYNC and auto resolution then sometimes i have a stable image, realy rock solid and sometimes i have a wobling screen (like an interlaced screen on a 1084).

So the same result as when i put in the values as calculated for my own screenmodes : 1472x800@50Hz (gives best image with VGA, nice 100% fill without scaling) , 720x576@50Hz and 1920x1080@50Hz

With this same mode (EDID 1440x900@60Hz) with, and without shires and or auto resolution i have always this issue with the standard amiga modes (lowres, hires interlaced on/off).

All the other detected modes (just 4, all 60Hz) only give image without vsync and autoresolution

I have the same results on 2 freesync gaming monitors(iiyama and lc-power). Didnt retest on my tv's yet

Dont know if its relevant : When connected one of the monitors to my PC i can select 50hz modes and when i turn on vsync, it locks to 50 frames.

Did you try it with "auto resolution" enabled? As just vsync has the problem that the VGA/HDMI output and the Amiga input will not contain the same number of total pixels. So there is a jumpy line at the bottom of the screen, which might confuse the HDMI input on the monitor. With auto-resolution enabled the output is forced to have the exact same number of pixels and lines (or twice that) as the Amiga input.

Yes tried this too, same effect or no screen at all (even from EDID). It also doesnt seem to detect all the modes availeble (but if i have read ok, this is normal).

At the moment its to hot here for this (34c), give it i try again next week

Well, this is my solution (image quality is low from my camera)...

I set the blacktuner lower, interlaced on, and some creative pixels as background. Looks quite nice on the screen and the issue is hardly seen as it stops at another pixel.

in most games it isnt visible enough to get anoing.

Note that i dont use a samsung monitors, but at the moment LC-Power, Iyama, LG end philips. Only with the Indi ECSII i have ghosting (not with TC64V2, Indi AGA II en III on VGA)

Apart from this, the image is good.

For some reason i cant get vsync over HDMI ok.

I do get image, but it looks like an interlaced mode on a 1084 monitor. Its like the screen is moving a bit down by half a pixel and then normalize.

I got this result with try and error, but also by using the values from an online calculator. With vsync off, the image is 100% ok with these settings. Tried this with 3 televisions and 4 freesync gaming monitors, all have the same result.

Does anybody have this working, maybe you can share the settings used?

I have created some nice modes where the screen is filled perfectly from side to side and top to bottem without any scaling.

Is it possible to export this mode and use this on lets say an Indivision ECS v2?

When i look at the file created by savng the project, its just plain text ; seperated, could it be as simple to just add a line and then open the file in the tool?

hi everyone

any positive feedback with MK3, everything i read pas few days is problems, errors and Jens and his team doing magnificient job on updates, but what works, how it works, im awaiting my mk3 and im starting to loosing hope that all will works fine.

Afcource, after installation some problems with sparkling colors, but after using 1.3 software this was gone (at the moment i'm using 1.4).

I managed to setup a 50 Hz mode with vsync on VGA for games, Image is nice, no artifacts, no ghosting or what so ever and animations are as smooth as on the Indi ECS v2.

Another nice thing is that there is no more 'sparkling' with super-hires, Had this on my MKII on both my a1200's. And now without using a setting to prevent this issue its already gone.

Only 2 things to figure out : why vsync isnt working on HDMI and how to 'zapp' through the settings while playing a game / changing monitor (mancave / living room ;)). But this can be a case of RTFM :) Didnt read the manual yet, most seems the same as for older indivisions.