Posts by mbruines197703

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

For me an upscaler (Medusa) removes the ghosting on the V2 too. Main advantage for me is that i can leave the cables, i have also other retro systems connected on the scart input.

In the mean time i have also found a good working 15" CRT monitor, its yellowed, but works perfect with the TC64v2 and indivision in my A4000(Yes the very first one) and the Indi ECS V2. With this setup the image quality is realy perfect and the scrolling as as smooth as on a 1084 for the Indi ECS v2 and TC64v2.

I also have some retro PC's, what i noticed on modern LCD with VGA is that newer cards tend to give a better image, while older cards like TRIO64 based also gives less good image.Now im not to technical, but my best gues is that the main focus is on HDMI input and the VGA is implemented as cheap as possible.

Hello Erestor,

If you google it its stated that 250407, 326298, 250425 & KU-14194HB* (all “breadbin” and some C64C revisions) are working.

But if you google on "kawari with MKII" Then you find it can be done and seperated firmware will be available.

Dont know if you use an HDMI switch, but these things tend to give power too over HDMI back to youre amiga through the rgb2hdmi.

The rgb2hdmi it self shouldnt give any issue with de PSU. I use my CA-PSU on all my amiga's including a a500 with rgb2hdmi. But i did get rid of the HDMI switch. It kept powerleds from turning off.

I did some more testing. On my a500 and a1200 (both with aca1233n@40Mhz) it crashed when using the driver of the DB9 to USB device.

On my a4000t with 060 accelerator however, i noticed that everything went just very slow. Took ages to move the mouse cursor just a bit.

This was testen on just plain OS3.2 install, no other things exept for this driver installed and the needed libraries for the 060.

Btw, im not blaming anyone, i think in my case its simply the combination of OS3.2 and the software and maybe even the firmware for this particuler device.

I have a well known usb to db9 adapter. It got the same issue, while the rapidroad is simply working like under os 3.1(.4)

This confirms atleast that poseidon works as expected under 3.2 (rapid road on my a1200 and deneb on my a4000t).

I dont think it say's to much about the scroolwheel function too since it can be a driver issue for this device, but maybe it makes it more plausible that something has changed since scrollwheel wasnt natively supported before 3.2(?)

I have installed os 3.2 too, the installation of the network software gave me no issues. But the icomp fileshare didnt work for me too. It just told me the network couldnt be started (vanilla OS 3.2, with only drivers/software for all the icomp stuff inside and outside, no extra's installed yet).

Do you get this message too?

What i did was to edit the file "Mount icomp" and remarkt from the "failat 20" till the "else"(first 5 rows) and then the last "EndIf"(last row) with a ;.

Afcource this is not a best practice, because you dont get warnings, but i only mount when needed to get in install or update. And most important, it works.

Another reasen could be that there is no internet connection, but you mention you got it to work exept for the fileshare. This can be checked easely with an ping to 1.1.1.1 from the CLI in case you have no browser installed

Hope this helps, its realy a nice network card for the amiga.

Thanx for the tip, didnt think of debrick mode. So i gave it a try and it gives me a "0_".

But the amiga wont boot after a keyboard reset ;(

The system did hang but wasnt turned off, the workbech just freezed. Didnt feel anything when inserting the card, just wnet in smooth. I know from my old canon camera that you feel a bit more force when inserting if a pin is bent (no good guider in the cam), but then the pins are thin and my hand are big.. so probebly happend, but unnoticed

Hi,

My ACA500+ just stoped working. The only thing it does at the moment is that the Dismo lits up for a brief moment, together with the small led on the same PCD the dismo is on, then nothing ... The green LED on the X-Surf 500 comes to live,

It happend while swaping a CF in the AUX slot. I checked the slot, no bend pins as for as i can see . Also the orientation is correct, its sitting in my a500+ for 3 years now.

Used hardware : Amiga 500+ (batery changed for cel-coin, leakage oid)) 1mb extra ram, CA-PSU, Indivision ECS V2

Any idea i can try exept for cleaning the expantion slot (done that)? Or can i just asume its broken.. in that case the question is, is it worth repair?

Also note 720x576 is not a standard Mode, even less so at 50Hz or even with VIC sync enabled. This *will* not work on some (or even most) Monitors.

Standard or not, i'm realy happy that you have added this mode! On my IIyama syncmaster the image is absolute perfect with vsync on.

Since its a new mode the screen uses automatic adjust, and no need for any manual adjustment :).