Posts by duh.org

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I do have a wired controller with two buttons using POTX to Vcc; my question was about perhaps making the CDTV remote also emulate this since that's all IR decoder based.

The above mapping from button to Up is a similarly good suggestion, as that would apply to a lot more games that are ports from other multi-button systems. Up is usually mapped to a jump or similar action in platformers, where that is frequently a different button on other systems.

There are games that work with "two-button" joysticks as with the one on the C64GS, where the second button is activated by connecting Vcc/+5V to POTX. I don't know how difficult this would be to add as an emulation option, but it would be nice to have for the handful of games which support it. (Instead of rapid-fire button mode for "B".)

Some discussion of this in the VICE feature request tracker, with more info: https://sourceforge.net/p/vice…eature-requests/189/#ad94

Would this be interesting to users, and possible to implement?

On CDTV remote product page:

(de) "Bitte beachten Sie, dass die CDTV-Fernbedienung beim Kauf eines Chameleon bereits im Preis enthalten ist."

(en) "Please note that if you are ordering a Chameleon, the CTDV remote control is already included in that price."

However Chameleon page says "in diesem Shop erhältlich"/"available separately".

Which is correct? (Not a problem if I need to order separately, I will likely be buying more accessories soon :))