Posts by ClaesB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Neither do I and I am 100% sure that I did not change anything in the setup. The problem disappeared on both Amiga's when I changed the cable + adapter.

Before that it worked for around 2 years. Anyhow, I will do the test this weekend to try locating the issue. I'm happy that the mainboard of the MK3 wasn't broken since now I have two MK3 working :)

Sorry for a VERY delayed answer but life has kept me really busy. Anyhow, it seems that the error was located in the ribbon cable. When I swapped the cable with the one I got for my new MK3 A1200 it has worked ever since.

I have checked the cable for any visible damage but could not find any and will do a connectivity test when I have a minute or two free.

Got my new purple (I like it!) MK3 now that I've installed in the same Amiga 1200 as I tested in yesterday and it works and has been working for an hour now without any issues.

Any how, I will do some chip memory tests using MBRTest-2 tonight to see if I can reproduce it. If it is the data bus driver, how much would that cost to repair?

Claes

This was the one closes to my office computer so it had to be the test computer yesterday. But I have ran the test on a vanilla A1200MB only with the same errors. If you insist I can of course do the tests again on the vanilla one and post.

Alright, I've tried to get the artifacts tonight and was successful one time but it rebooted very short after so I could not get a picture. The artifacts are not seen as often as before and tonight I have seen the following issues:

#1 Hangs -> Reboot -> Green Screen

#2 Hangs -> reboot -> Yellow screen

#3 Hangs -> No sync to monitor

#4 Hangs -> Forced CTRL+A+A -> Works a short time then graphic problems (https://photos.app.goo.gl/P1C5MPyQn8oAHYVo9)

The MK3 is correctly seated and has the latest firmware upgraded. When it is removed, everything works for hours and when it is installed it does not.

I've tried with following scandoublers tonight:

- Indivision MK1 AGA

- Scanjuggler Lite

- Warped Vision (60Hz only)

- Amiga 520D HDMI external

All of the work without issues.

Is there some test points I can check on the MK3? I will test the new Indivision AGA MK3 (purple version so they wont be mixed) when I get it and if it works, well :) I would say that something is not right with the old one I have.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Jens. I was a bit tired after being up until 3am and them woken up at 7:30am again when my 2 y:o daughter thought it was time to get up :) Of course it is Lisa and not Alice, a tired human mistake :P

Anyhow, the PSU's I have is the light 4.5A A500 PSU that is recapped with automobile graded capacitors. The laboratory PSU I own is a Rigol DP822A and is a bit above hobby and amazingly OK regarding the ripple.

The third PSU that I have is a Meanwell, but not the standard ones. I'm using one that is industrial graded similar to the RT65B that is used in Fiber EDFA's which needs to be ripple and noise free. Honestly, I do not know what Meanwell has done the last years. IN the early 2000 they did pretty high end even for commercial products, but now days they are far from it.

Anyhow, I did some more tests yesterday where I also removed the A1200 PCB from the housing so it would not budge when pushing on the Indivision MK3 to Lisa ( :P ). Still it does hang after a while and in some cases I have the graphic artifacts.

I will try to get a photo of them when I do more tests. Easily described, it looks like garbage bytes thrown into the chip memorry where the bitplane pointers are located. Perhaps about 20-50 of them each time. The artifacts are static so they are not moving around.

Claes

Purchased an Indvision MK3 for A1200 2022-02-16 from a local store here in Sweden and last week I started to get issues. HDMI stopped working and when using the Indivison in my A1200 it started to hang and get random crashes + having random gfx artifacts.

It works with the VGA out but still has the random crashes.

I have tried the following without result

- Different types of PSU, even a re-capped original PSU + LAB PSU

- Issue is move with the Indivision when I move it to another A1200

- Still exist with non expanded A1200

- Cleaned Alice + connector with IPA (while being ESD protected ofc).

When it is removed the Amiga runs without any issues and if I connect another scandoubler it works without problem. What would a checkup + repair cost for this or is it warranty?

Thanks in advance

Did some tweaking and ended up with a nice and "close to 50Hz" 5:4 profile for my BenQ BL702A. It fills the screen fully and pixels are OK-squarish without using either H or VFilter.

Profile is tested with several demos and games with good result :)

I have attached the setup in this post.

Enjoy!

I have not been able to read the EDID from my BenQ BL702A monitor. Anyone here who has that can share the mode settings?

Thanks in advance!

Oh crap :) Well, to the drawing table then for me. Is it possible to get the pinout? It will be for an adapter when using the Ratte Auto Monitor Switch.

I can confirm that the combination of A604, Indivision ECSv2 and the RTC module does not work in an A600. When you use the RTC without the extra DIL-socket between Indivision ECSv2, the crystal on the bottom side of Indivision ECSv2 touches the RTC board, making it impossible to get into the socket of the A604.

When the extra socket is used, you are not able to close the housing.