Posts by KKR75

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

no, the one that is giving me problems is the one that has the updated 0.135 menu version. The aca500plus that works fine had the older latest menu version, which I since updated to 0.135, but i didn't try to replicate the problem on it.

i will do so when I get home.

I have a newer 2018+ ACA500plus connected to a 1987-88 Rev.5 motherboard with Full OCS configuration, and onboard Kickstart 1.2 ROM.

I am trying to write the 512KB DiagRom v1.2 ROM in one of the slots of the ACA500plus ROM slots, which writes okay, but when I go into the boot menu to chose that ROM, I don't see it displayed there.

I have tried the same thing on another 2018+ ACA500plus connected to a Rev.6a motherboard, and DiagROM shows up perfectly fine in the custom ROM screen in the boot menu.

Am I missing something here?

Regards

KKR75

We are way after August 9th, and still no response... almost two months since I purchased this product, and impossible to get a simple response from support. Anyway, I’ve found a secondhand Atéo interface which works perfectly, so I’m giving up with Lyra interface...

maybe you should have given Indiv.Comp. the benefit of the doubt and realize they might have missed your post while on vacation? Instead of bashing, a friendly reminder would have been a bit more constructive.

Jens,

In the expert boot menu, I get a red "Z2 custom AR address space shadowed" in the freezer option.

I have an ACA1221ec attached to the aca500plus. I looked everywhere in the menu options, but nowhere is AR enabled.

I even unplugged the ACA1221ec, and nowhere there is AR enabled either. But at that time, the red message disappears and I can chose a freezer. When I reconnect the 1221ec I get the same red message again which doesn't let me chose a freezer.

Ideas?

Hello,

I am brand new to HRTMon, and would like to learn this, but I am having tremendous difficulty in getting it to run. I have applied the menu update firmware on the ACA500plus, then applied the HRTMon update, and configured a profile to have HRTMon on (I tried both EXEC and NMI), and also tried both VBRMove and NMI protect. I set the ACA500plus button for HRTMon as well.

When I enter a game in WHDLoad and try to press the button, the computer freezes all the time, I can never get in the blue screen. What am I doing wrong? Any help or step by step tutorial I can follow?

Jens,

thanks for your report. The interesting issue is that this particular computer is my childhood one. At the time (read late 80s early 90s), I had purchased an external floppy disk drive that worked great with my system with a 512k memory expansion and a 50MB external hard drive in the sideslot.

I remembered now back then that at some point during the mid 90s, the external floppy drive stopped working, basically as soon as you'd plug it in, the motor was constantly on. At the time, being a kid, I just didn't know how to work with electronics so I left it at that.

Fast forward 20 years where that computer just sat at home while I was abroad, I decided to get back into the A500 and purchased the ACA500plus to make it more accessible today. It's now that I tried again to plug the external floppy again, and of course the same issue happened, so I decided to throw the drive away and replace it with a Gotek. Lo and behold, the Gotek gave me the same issue, but at first I didn't put 2 and 2 together (when I started this thread).

Now that I know that the issue was "fixed" after swapping CIAs, I guess that floppy drive was good all along, and I dumped it for nothing.

Just thought I'd give you the full history behind this.

Update to this situation, in case anyone get a same weird issue pertaining to a boot green screen and/or computer hanging when an external floppy is connected:

I swapped the CIA chips odd <--> even, and voila everything works as it should. I assume this means that my Even CIA has an issue, which I will swap out with a "new" one.

My question is, what could have possibly failed in that...

I am using an RT-50B, but I did try with an original A500 PSU, and I get the same problem. If I remove the ACA500plus completely, I get a full green screen on boot. If I remove the external gotek it all works fine.

Could the ACE2 be the source of any issues, since a green boot is an Agnus or RAM related issue usually ? I did run a full mem test on the 2MB chip ram using SysTest and everything checks out okay.

I'm a bit at a loss here.

I have no problems with booting on my self-burned 3.1.4 EPROM. The Furia acts normal and all works wonderfully. The only rather small issue I have is that the PCMCIA slot sometimes takes very long to recognize a CF card FAT95 formatted, and it only recognizes one specific card. The other CF cards I have are not recognized.

I also completely self recapped the A600, because 2 of the electrolytic capacitors near the RF modules leaked, causing nasty corrosion around the area. It was so bad that the transistor that gives the red signal to the monitor fell out, so I had to take much time cleaning the whole thing out, and replace everything.

I had acquired recently this A600 through a private transaction in France, obviously the first owner didn't know much about this stuff.

In my A600, I mounted a Furia accelerator, a CF card adapter, an A604n, an RTC, and an Indivision ECS in it, and also managed to secure the vga connector on the backplate of the A600 where the RF module is (it fits just perfectly), but you will need obviously to desolder and remove the RF. If you are still using that piece of equipment, really my hats off to you ;-)

If you need a pic of the inside and back of my setup, i'll be happy to post.

Jens,

perfect then I will stick to my 40MHz version. As I have 2 cards (one inside my 1200 and one attached to an ACA500+, I will send both cards for upgrade, when you tell me to.

Jens,

it is not a problem for me to send the card back to you. My question to you is: is it possible for an additional fee of course to swap my card for a 55MHz one with new features?