Posts by Patrick

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

You should look into the demoscene of the 264 series - that's all d64 images :-)

well d64 images I have enough or easy to find, But I will look indeed.
    I tried to say physical floppies the real black physical 5 1/4" things for the vic20 or c16/plus4 ;-)
    for the c64 I still have these and some that I did not back-up on an SD-card yet or have copy protection I did not
    manage to copy (yet)

Only 1541, right. However, that's cycle-accurate, so it will work with any software speeder, even using illegal opcodes in the CPU code.

I have connected also the sd-iec to the serial bus of the chameleon and can use that for 1581 images tried geos (from the sd-iec) and that worked so not a real big thing for me. Probably the sd-iec is not cycle exact just gives the possibility to use bigger than 170Kb media. Although I do not even have or use floppies for either the vic20 or c16/plus4 it would be nice if other cores can use a real diskdrive (or even printers etc).

Interesting did not know that, indeed something to play with :)

Well it already took me some time to figure out that I could connect my old 1541

And copy disks to an image anyway, the chameleon can only do a 1541 right? Not 1571, 1581 drives or images right?

Great having some c64 keyboard support is always useful.
    Also HD support is great addition. Have an STE but never

really tried a harddisk on an Atari.

Changing the memory size should work, but the ROM only checks for the RAM size on a cold-boot - so a soft-reset isn't enough after changing the memory size. You have to trigger a hard-reset instead.

To trigger a hard reset, highlight the Reset menu option, and instead of tapping Enter, hold it for a second or two, until the core resets.

The extra memory should then be recognised.

thanks will try that, did not think of that

Patrick: Just curious, that does mouse work in your setup with ST-core? You seem to use TC64v1 standalone. I do too and mouse doesn't respond in my setup. It works with other c64&minimig, but not with ST.

did not have any problem with the mouse. I use an very old Microsoft mouse (with a ball but it works) also use in when running the Amiga core. Can try to connect another one to test is.

Great work!
    tried to run an STE games but it complained about not enough memory.

Recognized a blister. Also a for a chess game could only start the 512Kb version.

Changed it in the settings to 1, 2,4 etc and rebooted but it still complained that I did not have 1Mb.

Should setting the memory size work?

(stand-alone chameleon v1 in docking)