Posts by PDrill

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Recently I wanted to buy something for my A1200 and ended up with this and it came today. The hardware seems to be top quality, and even the 'snap on' connection to the chips was surprisingly firm and will bropably work flawlessly. Only problem was that it wouldn't fit with my RTC module so I need to get a riser for it.

And now for the question. Do I really need to look at the Individual Computers 'pop up' with all the display mode specs every time I change screen mode or can it be disabled?

Currently I have absolutely no idea how to set this up but if I need to look at it every time the screen mode changes (for example switching between workbench and some other program which has opened it's own screen with different resolution) I will not even bother because it sure gets my blood boiling. And for an ending, I have to say that the product wasn't quite what I expected. For this price I was hoping to just plug the HDMI and the device would do it's magic converting 'what ever screen mode' to the modern display, but seems there is quite a lot to fiddle about. But I'm sure it will be worth it and I'll do it some day - but only if I just can disable the pop up.