Posts by shan2752

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

But we do have this particular information in our package:

AmiTCP:doc/Interfaces.txt

Thanks Timm, but I decided to pulverize the plipbox that I purchased some time ago. It was a pain anyway as it blocked the serial port for my wifimodem.

It’s easy enough to transfer files with a new SD card PCMIA adaptor I purchased.

I can attest to the speed of your shipping! I recently ordered an ACA1234 and CA-PSU and was shocked on how quickly everything arrived. Top notch!

I understand that shipping items across the world isn’t cheap! You are right, the internet and big tech have changed things and people don’t even realize that THEY are the product. Nothing is free!

Add network interfaces in AmiTCP:db/interfaces. Nothing should limit our network setup from using Plipbox or other interfaces. If it doesn't show up automatically in the Advanced Settings, INTERFACE can also be specified in the icon tooltypes.

Thanks, I will try that. Is there any documentation for the Networking software in the wiki? I couldn’t find anything. Thanks!

Hello,

I am considering upgrading the speed of my ACA1234 from 33Mhz to 50Mhz. I ran some stress tests with AIBB and have unzipped a good amount of compressed files to RAM. Everything seems stable. Is there a stress test program that I can run for hours?

Also, how were the original chips binned? I didn’t think I needed the 50Mhz until I starting using a high resolution WB w/ 64 colors. Thanks!

I got ACA1233n and i use roadshow. They got many net interfaces fot plipbox too. For Aminet downloading try imp3 is fantastic program, you can chat, play games and demos from server even streaming mp3s and many more, they got full Aminet, internet Archives, WHDload and Podcasts!

Thanks for sharing! The network setup that is included with the ACA1234 is so convenient. I used the similar setup for my Amiga 500 with ACA500plus, but I also purchased the network adaptor that as meant for that hardware.

I can try Roadshow sometime.

Hello,

Is there any way to set up a Plipbox with the Networking setup provided with the ACA1234? I don’t have a PCMIA Network adaptor and I would like to have the ability to download from Aminet FTP instead of transferring files manually. Thanks!

Maybe the same benefit like emulation of PC, NES, Macintosh and others? Or using any other program on Amiga - because near every task there you can do more efficiently with modern hardware. Simply joy, tradition, old world beauty... whatever nice you want.

Emulation is processor intensive and there are no heat sinks or case fans on original hardware. Remember that your Amiga hardware is 30 years old and very hard to replace. Anything can be emulated on modern hardware. I just don’t see the point, but to each their own.

I have never experienced any noticeable mouse lag when using double buffering. And I’ve tried numerous monitors, including 1080p widescreens. In order to see any lag, I have to run certain games/demos with scrolling text. Even then the lag is minimal.

Unless you have some sort of superhuman perception, there may be something else going on that you are experiencing.

Ignorance is bliss of course. I was so happy with the scaler until I saw a 1084 on EBay located near me so it didn’t have to be shipped. I was surprised by the difference when I set up both an LCD with the scaler and a 1084 over standard RGB. Maybe it’s just nostalgia.

The scaler does a great job otherwise and if you don’t have access to a 1084, you will never notice the difference. But darn is that screen tiny, less than 14 inches!

A 5:4 monitor is the way to go if you don’t have a 1084 monitor. Unfortunately, I have realized that there is no replacement for the 1084. If emulation eventually gets there, there’s no point for real hardware anymore if you have to sacrifice the display; just my opinion of where I am at on the matter.

Scaler colors are off a bit and not as vibrant. This isn’t immediately evident until you compare side by side.

I hope that IC prioritizes trying to match 1084 color palette, even if it’s not 💯% perfect, if there is an AGA MK4, ECSV4.

I have tried numerous LCD 1920x1080 monitors and have never achieved a vsync 1080 resolution that fully functions. On one of the monitors, the vsync works, but the screen is jittery for some reason. I have tried both VGA and HDMI connections.

However, the double buffering works very good with a minor stutter after a certain amount of frames. This is best to observe with scrolling text such as with the Fairlight cracktro for War Zone (Core).

Colour space conversion was actually on the "nice to have" list for the developments of Indivision AGA MK3 and Indivision ECS V3, but it turned out to take more resources than we anticipated. I don't see a mass-produced product anytime soon that implements such a feature, especially because there is no wide agreement about the actual changes needed to mimic the colours of a CRT. Heck, even measurement methods are more than hard to define, as we found out!

Jens

Hi Jens,

Have you seen the Quake 2 Remaster on Steam? The settings offer a CRT emulation mode, which looks really good. I have also seen a lot of progress with the Mega-Bezel Scaler Project on Retroarch. They have almost perfected the look of a CRT. Could something like this be done for the MK4?

Being able to compare the 1084 with a LCD display emulating a CRT would be the only thing left to accomplish with the scaler. Will OLED monitors make it more feasible?

I had a similar issue with Sysinfo. There is no way to set a screenmode in Sysinfo, that I could tell. It kept opening a double pal screenmode which looked like your half screen output.

I removed the double pal modes from the monitors directory to eliminate the issue. Relocate any screenmodes that you don’t plan on using out of the monitors drawer to the storage drawer.