Posts by jdieguez

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Thank you for the precise and detailed explanation, it's now much clearer to me.

Ones last thing I'd like to ask is about the benefits of combining IDEfix express with the IDE speeder.

According to the tests shown on the ACA1234_registers wiki, both seem to be complementary and using them together achieves the best result. (if I interpreted the wiki correctly, the "IDEfix" column in the table should refer to "IDEfix+express")

Could you outline the reason why, and if this behaviour is also expected on the ACA1221lc?

Thank you!

Thanks for the clarification.

Is the performance achieved with the IDE SPeeder in the ACA1221lc comparable to the old Idefix+express (which IIRC also enabled up to PIO Mode 3) ? Or is the implementation in the ACA1221lc better in any other respect?

I have a quick question

The product page of the ACA1221lc mentions that the speedup to PIO Mode 3 is activated with a software setting. And the wiki page states that the IDE speeder is controlled using ACATool.

However, ACAtool wiki mentions PIO Mode 3 and PIO Mode 4 can be selected with option IM=IDEMODE/K/N

WIll PIO Mode 4 work with ACA1221lc ? If so, maybe the product page needs an update. If not, maybe the ACATune documentation needs a clarification that this will not work on the ACA1221lc

Thank you!

Wow, the CF slot was the secret "key feature", and it's very impressive.

If I understand correctly, you've been able to achieve 10MB/s with a compact flash card?

This would blow away all other alternatives when using a CF card (including IDEfix+express, 4xbuffered IDE+gayle adaptor from amigakit, of fastata board) ... which I think all of them achieve way less than 10MB/s from CF cards.

So this would render useless the whole spectrum of IDE enhancers for the Amiga, if the sole purpose is using a CF card as a HD.

Am I missing something here?

I'm also very intested to know if the max speed is dependent on the processor clock rate. (for example how much would be possible to achieve with the cheapest, 25Mhz card).