Posts by Firstaid2008

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

You take my comment the wrong way Jens. I am simply stating. At the first comment. "Has anybody tried the TF534 with a Xsurf100 in an A2000.

I have tried it and it does not work with the Xsurf100. I have a couple of A2000`s with Xsurf100 cards in them. I have various machines with a large variety of components. The Xsurf100 is a very good network card and works with most other Components that i add into these machines.

So as information only to the first person posting. The answer is NO the TF534 does not play with the Xsurf100. It does work with the BuddhaIDE, The ACE2B, 8mb Ramcard. So whatever the TF534 is configuring to is conflicting with the settings of the Xsurf100. So it doesnt work.

Now the TF536 works with the Xsurf100 and all the other cards that i have mentioned.

The Xsurf100 and the BuddhaIDE do work with a PIStorm. I have tried this and it works fine. It also works with the Rapidroad plugged into the Xsurf100. But then the PIStorm will not play with GVP HC+8 SeriesII REVII Scsi card or a commodore A2090 scsi card.

So please dont take offence when all i am trying is to help others that ask a question. If i have an answer. I like to help.

It must tamper with autoconfig.

As i have an A2000 that has the ACE2B card in the Agnus. It has an 8mb Ram card. It has 2x BuddhaIDE 20th Aniversary Edition Cards with cf adapters and a cdrom. And an Xsurf100 card. This machine had a TF536 card in it and all worked fine. Running OS3.2.2 with a 3.2.1 Romchip.

I took the TF536 out to use in another machine. And whilst i am looking for another Accelerator for this A2000. I thought i would put the TF534 in there for the time being.

It wouldnt boot at all. I took out the Buddha cards. The ram card and eventually the Xsurf card.

The Xsurf being the card it wont play with. I have reinstalled all the other cards and the machine works fine. Install the Xsurf it tries to access the Buddha cards then locks up. Remove the Xsurf back to working again.

Hope this helps

Card eT8tL has stopped working again.

I unplugged it (eT8tL) and replaced it with a new Buddha card (TT83m) I purchased from Amigakit. And my drives appeared as they should.

I now have 3 of these cards between the 3 machines i have and this is the only one that keeps losing its self.

I have a 4th card on its way from Amigakit. That i can use in its place for now.

Can we sort out a way of sending it back so you can look at it.

I am going to leave it in its state of not working. So you can examine and find out its problem.

Unfortunately UK. I know how you hate to deal with UK at the moment. I had a Rapidroad that went wrong. And i had to get it shipped to Amigakit to get it back. The Rapidroad failed again on an A600 A604n card. I then tried it again on a X-Surf-100 and it works fine so i left it in there and give up on the clockport equipment.

The A2000 with the Buddha and Silversurfer has a TF536 50mhz 68030 card with 64mb memory.

It has an ACE2B Chipmem card. A 8mb Zorro Memory card. An X-Surf-100 Card Also.

I have clicked on the AExplorer Icon and edited the line from Serial.device to Silversurfer.device.

Silversurfer.device is in Devs directory.

What else am i missing ????

I have a working original silversurfer that i have taken out of an A1200.

I have plugged it onto the clockport of a BuddhaIDE card. It will only fit one way round. And i checked with a meter which two corners are GND and GND on the buddha and the silversurfer. And fitted accordingly.

I can not seem to get the silversurfer to work. I am trying to connect Amiga and PC with Amiga Explorer.

This works on the A1200.

I have read the support page and it says something about the port being located on even addresses. I have checked in Showconfig and the Buddha Flash IDE is at Memory Address

$00EA0000. So am i missing a setting somewhere. Is there a file i must edit or where do i put the eight registers for the Silversurfer.

Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks

This has just happened again.

The card that keeps losing its memory has serial eT8tL. The card that is always working has serial CT8tX.

So i took the card (eT8tL) out of my A1500. Then i took my second card (CT8tX) out of my A2000.

I then put card (eT8tL) in the A2000. And it fails to boot.

I then put card (CT8tX) in the A1500. And it boots straight away.

I then move card (eT8tL) into the A1500 in the zorro slot nearest the CPU. And run Buddhaflashtool Budda_ROM_52-101.bin. Then Input capital Y.

It replies Flashing.

When finished i then take the card (eT8tL) out and place it in the A2000 and it boots fine again.

And this has now happened in both machines. It does not matter which machine i leave it in. When i come back to using the machine that has card (eT8tL) it fails to boot. (But this does not happen every time. The last time was back early June). The other card boots straight away regardless of which machine it is in.

Hi Jens

Yes the error follows the card. I have three A2000 boards.

A nice black board and a really nice blue board. And a spare A2000 green original board.

It does not matter which the Buddha is plugged into, It just looses its memory and forgets how to work.

I can then swap this board from its home to one of my other A2000 and it wont work.

As soon as i put it in with its sister card and then reflash the chip it springs back to life and works in any of the machines.

All of the A2000 machines have gotten recapped power supplies. i have monitored the power on these and the 5v rail is working at 4.9v and the 12v is is 11.9v. i expect this as one machine has a Vampire A500 V2. the next has a TF536, And the last has a Pistorm with a Raspberry Pi V3 B+.

It is not a big issue as i can move the card and reflash it. But it seems to need to be in the same machine as another working Buddha to reflash it. Which to a one A2000 owner is a problem.

The Buddha Ide works fine.

But twice when switching on the machine. The led light comes on as if accessing the CF card. But it just stops and freezes.

On a warm boot it guru meditates. Then resets and goes back to frozen state.

I then have to reflash the Buddha_ROM_52.101.bin file and all is well again.

I have two of these Buddha cards and it only happens to one of them.

Is this a fault with the card or is there something i can do to stop this happenng. Its just an inconvenience.

Thanks Adrian

I have sorted it. The working Buddha was in Zorro slot 2. and the non working in slot 4.

I swapped the two around then run Buddhaflashtool with rom 52.101.bin. reset the machine and the BOM showed up.

I then removed BOM and jumper and swapped the cf cards to the non working Buddha and it now works.

So all is good now