Posts by bork

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Been a while and plans have changed; I'm now looking to build a custom HDMI cable that connects directly to the IDC connector on the Mk3.

From the pinouts in the above link I have mapped across to HDMI, but have one missing ground/shield for the clock. Any hints on where I should take that from? And I guess it's also prudent to ask that mapping the shields to ground is the right thing to do?

Also, if I can get a sanity check on the mapping that would be really appreciated!

I'm looking to build a custom HDMI adapter board to nicely fit in the RF modulator space on a 1200. Now I'm getting an electronic engineer friend to help me out here, I'm a complete electro-noob, so I'm just looking for some info to forward onto him:

- is it possible to get a part number/reference for the IDC connector?

- if not, what is the pitch of the 22 pin IDC connector?

- could you share the IDC to HDMI pinout mapping?

Thanks in advance for any help.