Posts by jouni.jokelainen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Sure..not booting from AUX :D

Anyhow..problem was resolved by formatting Transcend CF-card with HDtoolbox in Amiga WorkBench. It made FAT32 8 GB partition to card which also works in PC, I guess Diskpart would have solved that also. I think because card was earllier formatted as boot card (with ACA´s automatic installer) there was some hidden stuff on card which was not deleted by Windows DiskManager. HDtoolbox finished the job.

Thanks Phill... i will try Diskpart method.

I managed to boot to WB with card in AUX slot. I just needed to close all warnings and WB eventually appeared. I then formatted card and it now boots with card in AUX. Card is of course now unreadable on Windows machine because of the file system.. Ill give a try to cleaning with diskpart.

It maybe also worth to mention that the card was earlier as a boot card in aca and was partiotioned with automatic installer. I then reformatted it in Windows 10¨s Diskmanager. As a boot card it worked as expected.

Hi

I have a problem with CF card in aux slot.

I have working boot card (Sandisk 4 GB) in boot slot prepared with ACA´s automatic installer.

Im trying to move stuff from PC to Amiga with Transcend 8 GB CF card that I have formatted to 4 GB FAT32 partition in Windows.
    I insert Transcend 8 GB card to AUX, boot ACA and continue with F1 to Workbench 3.1, ACA gives error: Device CF0.1: Rootblock extension invalid. (see attachements)
    After second or two ACA continues to Workbench but there is no stuff from boot card available. Only error: PFS-III Error requester

If i boot with only Sandisk as boot card and insert Transcend later when in Workbench, it never shows up?

Everything works when booting ACA with Sandisk as boot and another Transcend 16 GB card in AUX. That card has been created from image and is usable from Workbench 3.1

What I am missing here?

Best regard
    Jouni J

Hi

In ACA500+ wikimentions that updated installer does some preparations for installing WHDload. Im interested to know what these preparations might be?

Im a Amiga and WHDload noob so everything relating WHDload is new to me. It would be helpfull to know if there is something allready present in system that i dont have to do relating WHDload install. Im going to install WHDload to boot card and load games from AUX card. I guess boot card might be all ready prepared for WHDload allready?

ACA500+ Wiki

The automatic ACA500plus installer will partition and install your CF card with OS3.1, using a 64-bit compatible file system where applicable, and make preparations for installing WHDload, getting you started the easy way.