Posts by mcpolish

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I have some similar issue, i cant get cf card via pcmcia work at all, more over when i insert adaptor with card in and poweron amiga,

it will not boot (just goes to kickstart screen), in the quick startup menu in that case i dont even see the internal DH0 disk, if i take CF card out of pcmcia converter all works just fine.
    I have acatool latest version where keep pcmcia is ticketed,
    My setup :
    a1200

kick : 3.1.4,

internal 32GB CF card

ACA1211 Extension,

PSU from here.

PCMCIA Adapter from Amazon i think with 16GB SanDisk CF Card

Reffy, we've already established that your unit was working normally here, and that your PicoPSU modification might be at fault. I do see a massive difference here, as your case is "worked at first, then died after some operational hours". This one here is "doesn't start at all, shows garbage".

Jens, my card worked on first boot (you can see that on first picture in my first post) i have installed it, floppy drive wasnt working for some reason (i guess wrongly connected) so i re

connected the floppy, screewed the case and it stoped working since. it did once or twice show the indivision screen, but than just that gray screen.
    Reffy unfortunetely i dont have anyone with A1200 here. If there is anyone on the forum around Trier or Luxemburg i am happy to check it out..

HI,
    So i have cleaned the LISA chip as suggested, but still no effect, on top of that i got finaly my RGB-SCART cable so i tested using that cable and scart-to-hdmi converter and that shows no signal (but i guess thats the cheap amazon converter issue no working with amiga screen mode properly) In attachment you can see pictures of the lisa chip and the mk3 card, maybe you can spot something i cant:

HI,

Just Yesterday i got my MK3 Card and installed in in A1200 as per instruction, i pushed it hard to lisa chip so i can lift board by pooling the card.

So after install it worked, sort of, It took longer than i remember to show kickstart screen but it did, than i disovered that floppy drive is not booting floppies,

well i turned off the Amiga, i refitted the FDD drive and than Magic on screen started, I powered on the amiga with hdmi output and.... greay wierd screen, no Indvidual computers logo on start nothing, i have stripped apart amiga try to run just with board, sometimes it showed the logo but than didnt show Kickstart screeen. After all i decided to double check if amiga is still working at all, I have removed the MK3 putt all togheter and started amiga, put workbench disk and it worked (well sort of i dont have RGB cabel yet so i could not see anything) but at least i knew amiga is alive. On last test i did, i conntected the Amiga to a TV (before it was Samsung monitor) hopeing that maybe something happend and MK3 is sending signal that monitor is not able to read, but.. the same on the Sony Bravia TV, last thing i check was live menu and that works but chaning any values just changes the grey to black and thats it.
    I checked the Lista chip all seems ok, card is fitted well so i am running out of ideas. I just started setting this amiga up, so its basic A1200 Magic with original black PSU, no extensions.

Here you can see the pictures :