Posts by Vangolen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

hi Jens,

Yes I tried more drives. Even a CF, a SATA 128 evo (with a adapter works in my 2000 with Buddha).

But what I see is when I try to boot without any drive connected, with kickstart 3.2.1, the 4000 stays in a boot loop. When disconnect the buddha, it wil boot normaly.

I tried it in my 2000 with vampire, and the buddha works okay.

Take the buddha from my 2000 into the 4000, the same problems occure . This will not happen with ks3.1

hello,

My system is an A4000 with a 060, 128mb on cpucard, MK3, X-Surf 100 with rapidroad.

300GB WD drive (a real one 😉) gotek as DF0.

When 3.2.1 is installed, the system boots with a short color screen followed by a dark screen and it keeps on rebooting (color/ dark).

If the computer is switched of and later on again, I get a guru.

With luck, the amiga will boot up from the gotek.

When I disconnect the Buddha, I can startup normaly only no IDE/harddrives.

I have another Buddha that does exactly the same.

When installing 3.1 (original escom roms) the buddha will boot but no drives are visable

If I then seek in .HDToolbox, I get the 300GB drive, and is it possible to partition it.

If the dom is placed and it will boot from it, (does not always work) the drive is visable, and it will try to install it, but get an error when formatting the BDH1:.

This is with al drives, both cards and both dom's.

Do I forget something?

This post should probably posted in the RapidRoad area, but the history of the set is here.

It's been more than a year now, and I get my A1200 from the shelf.

The 1200 boots and unfortunately, the RapidRoad wil not boot or connect anymore.

Because the RapidRoad wil not work at al on the aca221 connector (see above), the RapidRoad was connected on the clockport of the A1200.

I have tried to connect the RapidRoad to the clockport of the Buddah in my 2000, but no connection is made.

Is there a chance the RapidRoad has died?

Can it be fixed and what about warrenty?

The A1200 and it's powersupply are recapped last year.

No no. The 1200 does have the RapidRoad installed. This means that this one works with startup. I did not copy anything.

My 4000 is a clean setup with 3.1 OS. Downloaded the last Poseidon from your site and the latest drivers for the x-surf-100.

Again, it is working like a charm, but only in z2 mode.

The buster is a version 11.

Does the cpu card have something to do with it? Its an A3640.

thx for the reply.

First best wishes for 2022 and A happy new year.

The guru does come also when start the usb drivers, so I think I’ll have to look at the buster.

The only card at this moment that is stacked with the surf into the standard daughterboard is a Catweasel flipper 3.

For the second question, I don’t mind to edit startup-sequence or user-startup, but I don’t know witch line to add. My 1200 was pre-installed.

As I bought some while ago an x-surf-100 with the rapidroad module, I finaly could set it up, because my 4000 was for a recap.

I use Roadshow to establish an internet connection.

First question: is it common that x-surf-100 wont work on Z3? When i start it up without the Z2 jumper, I get a guru and the system restarts over and over. With the jumper set on Z2, the card is online and xsurftest shows that the card is working.

Second question: How can I start the Rapidroad automaticly so I don't have to start Trident before using a mouse? I know it should work, because the Rapidroad in my 1200 does it well.

BTW, Roadshow is somewhat difficult to setup, but when it is setup, it works like a charm:)

hello,

After cleaning my A600, I connected my new A604n and it’s riserboard.

The board is not recognised by the A600, so I cleaned the gold connectors up and down with a pencil eraser and after that with alcohol.

Still there is no board in the early startup.

Total of memory is 2mb chip with or without expansion.

Is there a way to check it with a tool, or is the card death?

I will install all again and make sure you get the high res pictures.
    I didnt want to reposition RapidRoad for the picture and it should be placed there where its on the picture, thats why the ‘long’ cable.
    picture is not that great, still figuring out the best video output on the mk3

again my problem with the combination ACA1221 and RapidRoad.
    See the pictures. First one connected to the clockport directly and the second picture connected to the ACA. It will not come online. Installed the driver serveral times, but No results. Anybody a clue?

Hi Jens,

The history of this A1200 is unknown to me. You know how it works, have an Amiga, time passes and the Amiga is sold. Then the virus catches you and an other Amiga is bought.

Ofcourse I pushed the RapidRoad to the max end, but it wil not connect.

The only way to get the RapidRoad to work is connecting it directly to the mainboard.

I will friendley ask Marvin to try this board in an other 1200, because I dont know anybody in my neigberhood with An Amiga.

I bought an ACA1221LC, a Rapid Road and an Indivision AGA MK3 to update my A1200

After a few days, I connect the Rapid Road to my ACA and installed the latest version of Poseidon, but trident wont start the Rapid Road.

There is no board to connect.

If I connect the Rapid Road to the clockport of the A1200, it works fine.

The ACA1221LC also works like it should (i think), but it seems like the clockport is not working.

I already reset the ACA, but the problem stays.

What can be the problem?

The PSU is a lightweight 4,5 amp.