Posts by angelvaldes

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Any updates on the A1200 Reloaded? are you currently working on it or is it still paused in benefit to other priorities? and if it is... any chance that you will work on it any time soon? Mine A1200 motherboard died. :(

Great work on your products by the way!

Happy customer here.

Questions:

What is the maximum resolution that I can set in an Amiga 500 rev6 with 2MB chip (ACE2b), with ACA500Plus 28MHz, Indivision ECS v2, 1080p monitor 16:9, and 16 colors or more?

- The max combination I have been able to produce is: Monitor type: highGFX, Screen Mode: SuperPlus High Res Laced 800x600 with 16 colors.

- The most compatible with the indivision ECS v2 and RGB: Monitor type: PAL, Screen Mode: PAL 700x564 (overscan) with 16 colors.

Can I do better than that? more colors and better resolution? or is there a way to have 32 colors at any of those two resolutions?

Thanks!

Oh also I forgot to ask...

Where is the recommended place to physically install the VGA connector in the case of the amiga 500? I cant to the left because I got a SUPRA RAM 500RX 2GB and the ACA500Plus card. I dont see any space on the back of the amiga, only all the way to the right but the cable does not reach... Is there a longer cable?

Thanks!

Hi Jens,

I just got my Indivision ECS v2 and installed it in my A500. Just with the configuration out of the box, I was NOT impressed ... until I also connected my usual RGB to scart cable and converter to HDMI also at the same time in another identical monitor next to each other. Then I saw the difference! the indivision provides a much better clear image, more natural colors, and NO FLICKERING in interlace mode. and again... this is just at 800x600 with default settings and my amiga at PAL 640x512 interlaced. So ... just wanted to say THANK YOU! Happy customer!!! :)

There is a very small amount of ghosting only in the right side of the windows... but to tell you the true, it is also in my previous video converter solution (and much worse) and I never even noticed. Now I was looking for it ... the rest of the screen is picture perfect, clear, and very nice colors...

I am now going to try and download the HighGFX drivers and see if I can use it to get a higher resolution (to fill the entire monitor)... and also play with the indivision configuration utility... my goal is to display 1080p or the highest possible resolutions (at good quality) what will be the best way to do it? using the HighGFX drivers and Indivision configuration utility or jus the drivers or just the utility?

THanks!

OK,

I will go for the MMU, since I am a developer now, Never did Amiga development before but I want to get in it. :) (for fun)

As far as the directory, I want to mention so in case that happens to someone else... I just created another directory and moved all files in there, and notice it was perfectly fast. I deleted the old, renamed the new back to the old name and everything fine. So I have no idea what that was, but if you see extremely slow a single directory... you can try that. I also notice that in a FAT32 used by the CFAux, I should not have more than 120 files (with very long names) in a single directory. Even if it shows the files, the directory will not work properly in the Amiga. (cant delete files, etc)

I am going to try the PFS3 files system. I hope I can find it in Aminet. :)

Thank you for all your answers.

All The ACA12xx variations are out of stock... so I will wait for the ACA1234 to be released and choose one from there... I saw that some have MMU (a bit more expensive) and others don't... (What is the MMU?, is it important?)

By the way, I set the 28Mhz speed, a add more buffers to the CFAux drive and the others. and everything works acceptable and pretty fast, with the exeption of a single folder that only contains 10 subfolders... but it takes several minutes to list the content... is there anything that I must refresh or somthing on that folder? (the strange thing is that all the subfolders inside are fast listing their content... and all other folders at the same level as well.. but that single folder... takes minutes to display those 10 subfolders. Any ideas?

"list", not the icons.

I started doing this already... and yes it is better... but not enough with just this.

increasing the CPU Speed,

I did to 21Mhz, but I dont want to go higher if it will be unstable

adding buffers to the AUX: card. Try the "addbuffers" command - try 100 or 200 additional buffers for the AUX: card.

Could you explain a bit better how to do this? and also in a permanent way so when I reboot changes will stay? is this part of the ACA500Plus menu or just an amiga command. Do I just search for the normal amiga addbuffers command?

A1200 accelerator

I know and I am planning to ... also I am a bit confused about which accelerator... should I wait for the 1240/60 or would that be an overkill or too expensive version for the A500 and I should go with the 1221lc or the 1233n? sorry a bit confused so ... waiting understand little by little which one is the best fit. for the ACA500Plus :)

Hi guys, I have a large collection of Amiga apps and games. I wanted to have them available in the aux port of the ACA500Plus in a CF.

I first tried with a 16GB CF 30MB/s but when I open folders with many files in it... it takes forever.. it is unusable. I then copied the content to a 64GB CF 120MB/s and the same effect. it just takes forever when I open folders with many files. Even when I open the parent folders that contains child folders with many files... it takes forever. I divided the files in multiple folders ... ex (A1... A2... and so on) and it is better but still too slow...

I will continue my test and even possible just copy the files to the Boot CF to see if there is any difference in performance... but does any one knows of any way to make this files browsing faster? or what is the recommended max number of files per folders? or any other approach to make this acceptable?

Thanks!

hi Seb132,

I did read the project description. And yes, you are right. I have read so many products descriptions lately that I mix them or confused them sometimes. But it is clear now, thanks! 🙂

If you read the specifications of the A1200 reloaded you will see that it comes with... no CPU!

Therefore yes, a CPU card will be required and it is mentioned that all products from iComp will be compatible - and perhaps the Blizzard cards too.

Will this new 1200 accelerator that you are working on be compatible and needed on the 1200 reloaded? or the reloaded will already have all those advantages built in?

Yes, you were right, it was not the format file system. Anything I put on the adapter does not work on the Aux even so it does on the boot slot.

One comment about formatting. FAT and FAT32 works fine (I tried up to 16GB FC using FAT32). but dont use exFAT. it does not work no matter what partition size.

Thank you for the info... :)