Posts by jd64

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Here is my 1:1 720x576 Vsync PAL profile that works perfect for my BenQ BL702As and BL 912 LED screens. It's basically a scandoubled version of what would be shown if I connect them directly to RGB. So far I haven't had huge success with creating a 1:1 NTSC profile. But for PAL I have nailed it.

Latest ECSV3.7z

Thanks for these profiles turrican9, I have a BL912 monitor I'd like to test them out on. Do you know if these profiles work on the Mk3 too?

We do have 8520 CIAs in stock, but they are not for sale - the reason why we've accumulated them is that we're planning a CD32 expansion that turns the CD32 into a real A1200 - and that requires CIA chips.

Interesting, would it be something similar to the SX32 with maybe even an 030?

Thanks Jens for the repair and explanation.

It's possible the cable was twisted and stretched due to the short cable length from CA-PSU->Amiga. This results in me having to overlap the power brick cable over the CA-PSU which might have led to the damage.

Would it be possible to have the CA-PSU->Power brick cable exit on the top of the shell (oppsoite end of the shell) rather than on the CA-PSU->Amiga cable end as it would cause less stress and stretching I think?

Yes - they are a unit. You can only separate them if you open the case, and I don't want you to do that at this point :-)

Ah yes, of course. For some reason I was thought the power brick was detachable but I now see that it isn't. :saint:

We'd have to do elaborate paperwork that excludes my product liability insurance. In other words: Huge hassle.

Understood, too much red tape involved. :)

To be honest with you Jens I was hoping to get another CA-PSU as my current one has begun acting unstable and I'm not sure why. Whenever I use it, it causes my Amiga to randomly crash and reboot. If I use my Meanwell PSU on the same Amiga I don't have this problem at all so it looks like the CA-PSU could have developed a fault somehow.

Would it be possible for me to send it to you to have it diagnosed?

We do have the DC-DC converters ready, but no suitable power bricks.

Is it possible to buy the CA-PSU on it's own without the power brick and we then provide our own?

No, as the DC-DC converter would have to be heavily modified - essentially with a separate 5V regulator. However, the CA-PSU design is done with load changes on both 5V and 12V in mind: If there is a load change on 12V, then the GND level at the computer will shift. CA-PSU is also measuring that, and adjusts the 5V rail in real time to achieve exceptional cross-regulation performance.

In simpler terms: It's safe to use a power splitter cable at the Floppy power connector of the A1200.

My idea was to run a molex power cable direct from the PSU to the CD-Drive so the one PSU would then power everything but I guess a second dedicated PSU for the CD drive could be used instead.

Would a power splitter cable on the floppy power connector not affect the stability of the computer? especially if powering a CD drive. Would too much power be drawn from the +5V rail since that's the most important to the Amiga or is a CD drive power hungry?

Will there be a new stock of CA-PSUs available for purchase soon?

Also as a buying option would it be possible to add a 4 pin molex connector to the CA-PSU in order to power an external CD/DVD-Drive?

There's continuity between the CIA on the right only and the Parallel port so that's a bonus.

You're right the spacing is very close between the CIAs however there is just enough room for the socket to fit though it's not a very tight fit overall because of the resistors and capacitor in front preventing a firm attachment but it might just be enough.

Another slight issue is that the cable from the MK3 to the VGA/HDMI adapter is slightly short unless I have the MK3 attached wrong?

The wiki guide for solder point locations to obtain the signals, is this for the A1200 only or can it also work on the CD32 or could the guide be updated for the CD32 too?

What speed are you getting with this adapter combined with the ACA1233n55?