Posts by GianDO

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I installed catweasel on ubuntu 14.04 and it worked fine with the cw drivers taken from that site

http://unusedino.de/cw/

I'm mostly interested in using Catweasel as a floppy controller.

I've read in the Catweasel manual that it doesn't offer the ability to browse foreign format floppies, and that the passthrough is only for PC format floppies, but it also says that Linux may be able to do this, unlike Windows which only supports FAT and NTFS, Linux supports formats such as Mac, Amiga and others. Could you tell me how could this operation (file explorer) be done with Linux?

Hi,

I found and bought a Catweasel MK4Plus on Amibay. I'm trying these days to experience it.

I have a computer with Windows XP and Linux installed on two independent hard drives. Windows XP has correctly detected the card and I have installed the necessary drivers and tools. Yesterday evening I was experimenting with the card on Linux and therefore I installed an old Linux version, Ubuntu 13.10. Compiling the linux drivers had no problems, but I don't understand why the Catweasel is recognized as a NetJet ISDN modem, so I can't use it. Does anyone know a solution to the problem?

Thanks

GianDO

I've heard of Greaseweazle, I believe this is what you mean. It's an interesting project, but not as much as Catweasel was, especially the MK4+ version which was the universal solution, the most complete one.

Don't have any inventories? I might buy one.

EDIT: Even if you don't have 64-bit drivers, you can still use it on a 32-bit version of Windows

I've heard of Greaseweazle, I believe this is what you mean. It's an interesting project, but not as much as Catweasel was, especially the MK4+ version which was the universal solution, the most complete one.

Don't have any inventories? I might buy one.

Hi,

I knew that in the past Individual Computers made a universal floppy disk controller the Catweasel MK4 and MK4+. Why did po stop making it? can it still be found somewhere?

Thank you

GianDO

Hi,

I purchased one of your products in October 2020, it is Indivision ECS v2. The soldered socket on the board has 2 broken pins now.

How can I solve? do i have to send you the card for repair?

Thanks

GianDO

Good and bad news: We're working with a rather low level of staff during these days until the end of the year, so work in the shop is "almost zero". However, the first ACE2b units have passed QC and are only waiting for the sticker to be put on them (not sure if I wrote it here, but the PCB company messed up the writing on the board, so the orientation can't be seen easily - we are now putting durable stickers on).

With quite a few changes coming up (Brexit, higher VAT rate in Germany), and the "almost zero hours" of workshop time, it won't be possible to put the ACE2b on sale this year, as that would create an accounting problem: The sale being done this year and delivery done next year will require us to charge 19% VAT, but the shop system is still set to 16% VAT until the afternoon of december 30th.

The plan is to set the shop to maintenance mode on the 30th, after the last shipment of the day has been done (probably around noon). VAT will then be increased to 19%, as we don't do shipments on the 31st. You will then be able to place a pre-order for an ACE2b, for delivery during the first week of 2021.

OK, thank you very much.

The most important thing is the quality of the product, and yours are products of excellent quality. Even if the name is not very creative it is less important .. :-)

I hope to be able to buy it soon ..

But the difference between the old version and the new version is only that Agnus is in the socket, whereas before it was soldered on the board or is there something else?

If someone wanted to buy an ACE2, could they do it still? Do you have no residues in stock?

This has been explained before: THe register contents of the hardware-emulated Denise got lost, and the default values were applied when the config tool was launched. This caused the bug to appear with all ECS modes.

Even when using PAL ECS modes the black stripe on the left side does not appear. Now I have set PAL SuperHires Laced (ECS )and it works.

"re-installing" should really only be the last resort in finding such a bug. However, it's good to hear that it's resolved - I'd assume that one of the monitor types was at fault. Would have been nice to pinpoint the cause - did you make a backup before you re-installed the boot partition?

I also agree that "re-installing" should really only be the last resort in finding such a bug. In fact I performed the new installation on another partition keeping the old installation that still has the problem.

I noticed an interesting thing, the black strip on the left side that appears when opening the Indivision ECS V2 software is visible only if from Screenmode in the workbench I have set any video mode of the HighGFX package. However, it doesn't happen if I set the Amiga's normal PAL resolutions, including interlaced ones.

Although the error that causes the software to crash when clicking on test mode, I believe it is due to an operating system problem. The latter problem was solved by reinstalling the workbench.

If you want to give it a try, here's a release candidate of version 2.4 of the ECSv2 config tool:

http://wiki.icomp.de/w/images/…divisionECSv2-2.4-rc1.lha

There are no FPGA changes yet, but chances are that this and some other issues may go away with this update.

Thank you.

I'm trying it now. The black stripe on the left side seems not to appear for the moment, while the error that freezes the software when I press the test mode option is still present.

I too have the back bar on the left side when using the config tool. I put it down to the SuperPlus screen mode as when I quickly test a normal PAL screen it gets rid of the black bar.

However the problem must be solved as soon as possible. We hope that Indivision will give us a solution as soon as possible.

Too bad - if exporting the config doesn't work at your side, we'll have to attempt a fix without. We've already discussed possible causes internally, and Timm may have a beta version later this week.

I hope that the problem is solved.

Now besides the black stripe on the left, every time I click on the test mode in the indivision software I get this error like in the attached photo.