Posts by Ritchoau

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

We can of course take a look at it here - please read this article for details about how to ship things back to us.

i just got the other CF cards today and all seems to be good. everything seems to be works which is a relief.. surprisingly though i have the memory partner card functioning quite well as a boot CF but as a AUX CF it is no good. i think it has to do with the IDE compatibility like you mentioned earlier.

either way everything is all good :)

Does this happen with all brands of cards, or did you only try that one? I'd be interested in the brand, as there's been extremely cheap ones that don't work properly in IDE mode, which is what the ACA500plus uses.

the ones i got a memory partner (which they where advertised as generic so it was hard to tell what i was going to get) and i didnt know they where unsupported untill i was trying to fix this issue.

i have since got that card to work in the boot slot and it seems to be working fine but as soon as i add it to the AUX slot thats when the crash happens, with or with out the boot card in.

iv ordered another sand disk CF card to try but it wont be here for probably another month with the way shipping is atm and anywhere local is either closed or out of stock.

while trying to work out what was going on i did find a youtube video of a guy that has the exact same issue as i do. he had multiple different CF cards and brands do the exact same thing in the AUX slot and it turned out it was a faulty ACA500plus as he tried his cards on a different unit and they all worked fine

so that hasn't given me high hopes on it being the CF card but with any luck it will be the CF card

im having some issues with the AUX card port on the ACA500PLUS..

i mannaged to use the boot port just fine installing workbench 3.1 and played around with it before trying to plug in the CF card in the AUX port. soon as i do that the system freezes and i am forced to reboot.

if i do a soft reboot it just stalls right where it would load the OS if i do a hard reboot i can get to the boot menu and as soon as i pick a workbench it stalls again. if i try and do the installer while the CF card is plug in it stalls/freezes before it mounts the disks if i remove it and do a soft reboot it works as it should. i also tried to plug in the CF card at the part where is shows the cards in the installer and again it just freezes.

im very new to this and am not sure what is going on. the CF cards are both the same and seem to work and format fine when in the boot port but the AUX port seems to just freeze the system regardless.

the AUX light dimly flashes soon as i plug in the CF card but that's it the pins are all straight and good the AUX CF is enabled in the options as well.

im a bit lost as to what i could be any ideas would be a great help