Posts by tobiaspb

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

    Hi Jens. I understand you so well.

    And the 750 was because I had one and know it is way over for the current use. But as you point out it might not be enough load for it, did not think that one trough when I entered that in the mix. I need to re-think that one! :-O

    But no, they have NOT/Never been connected at the same time.

    I will reach out to Checkmate as you suggest. Thanks again for your support, really appreciate it.

    I will return my broken for repair but also ordered another one. I will later build another A1200 (hoping to get one of your future 1260 cards for that one) and I can use the old one there.

    The USB cables are glued to the case so I hope it is ok that they are not returned in the repair.

    One question, when I attach the USB cables in a A1200 case the USB shields are not connected to grounds, just the RapidRoad card. Should I do a connection between the USB connectors shield and ground?


    To much tinkering today broke my RapidRoad clockport.

    It has been working flawlessly for a long time connected to a clockport expander from AmigaKit.


    Is it worth sending it in for repair or should I buy a new one?

    Anything I can test or do?

    What happened:

    I was connecting my USB CDROM and then it just froze. Checked the pins for the USB connector cables and no short there, the clockport expander or connecting the RapidRoad directly to the clockport do not work.. Either way my fault. :-(


    Either it was to much static electricity when connecting the CDROM to the USB port, or that I pushed to hard in the middle of the case and possible shorted something around the clockport expander/clock port.


    I also tried connecting my other RapidRoad (from the x-surf) and it lights up, but when I try to add it in the Trident the USB module goes dark (the good one, the broken is all dark but gets very very hot).

    My Prisma card works directly to the clockport. I have not tested re-connecting the expander to see if the expander card is working with the prisma.

    - Tobias the breaker :-O

    Test modes always look centred, although I still seem to feel its a little too large for my display. I can get WHDLoad games to sort of centre but then sysinfo is off on the left..


    I had the same at it seems like sysinfo opens a DblPAL. What I did was remove all other than PAL and NTSC in the Devs:Monitors folder and rebooted my machine. Then all modes look perfecy includinf sysinfo. At least for me.

    Just got my MK3.

    Wow, this is absolutely perfect. The picture quality is excellent and I really like that it has a built in scaler so that switching between modes is instant :-)

    And I LOVE they keyboard shortcuts!!!!

    I actually did not create a rescue disk first and switched on v-sync for PAL modes!!! That did not work!!!

    I fixed it with holding in both mouse buttons and hit space (switch between PAL and NTSC) to switch to NTSC and then I was quicly back in business. And YES, I have a Rescue disk now :-D


    I know I should have checked first but I was excited when I saw Epsilons blog and that it worked together.

    I'm looking for if someone has some tips or maybe this will not work for me.

    And I bought it directly from you Jens, Love your hardware :-)

    The problem descriptions:

    The Network adapter shows no errors if I beet with no startup-sequence and run the xsurftest

    DHCP do not work, static "works"

    It detects and shows on my Network as a Network device (with Indidividual id)

    The USB controller detects and devices looks like they detect class properly

    Mouse (slow devices) "kind of work" they work but are a little irratic

    USB devices detect and I get the error that they are probably not FAT nor NTFS formatted

    The same USB devices work in my A1200 with a clockport USB adapter so I know they are readable

    What I tried so far:

    Having the ZII jumper both set and unset (seems like no difference at all, it looks like it detects it propely)

    Changing the MMULib config (that will produce some error messages in Trident)

    Kickstart 3.1, 3.9 and 3.1.4 with no differences in resluts.

    Turning on and off all the setpatch and other library patches


    A500 mainboard rev 6A

    Memory expansion to get Chipram to 1MB (Rev.B6 from

    Vampire A500V2

    A1500 Plus Zorro busboard


    MUI 3.8

    Poseidon 4.5


    RR driver 1.7 (also tested with 1.6 and the older versions)

    OS: 3.9 (tested with KS 3.1, 3,9 and 3.1.4) (not working), OS 3.1.4: (will create a clean install CF and try again, OS 3.1 (have not tested yet)