Posts by Edders

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Might have been my post - I did indeed remove the VGA connector and flipped the board upside down to have the HDMI connector stick out of the RF modulator hole. You can leave the connector on, but with the ribbon cable it gets awfully close to the caps behind the modulator.

I have de-soldered the VGA connector and fitted the board upside-down so the other connector sticks out of the modulator hole. It has been like that for more than 2 years and has been working absolutely fine.

I did a short blog post about it at the time, which can be found here: https://www.edsa.uk/blog/indivision-aga-mk3-part-2 (not sure if posting a link to a personal blog is allowed, my apologies if it is not).

Yes, I have removed the modulator as well and have the HDM* connector sticking out of there. The modulator is only soldered by a couple of wires - the metal case is not soldered down at all, which made removing it easy.

I guess the approach "solder side up" is a better one. This does not only look like it needs some "cleaning up", but it will most likely always remain at an angle, even pushing against one of the electrolytic capacitors.

Yes, I mounted it briefly solder-side up with the 4-letter port sticking out the RF modulator hole. Fits absolutely beautifully - had it not been for the VGA connector resting right against the caps behind it. Since I did not like the way the insertion force could/would push on the caps I decided not to mount it there for the moment.

More than happy to try out Enigma, but the disk I have only works on my A500. Where did you get a fixed one that works on the A1200? My A1200 has the Indivision AGA MK3 as well as a GVP 1230 accelerator and CF card as its HDD.