Posts by gdonner

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Jens, many thanks for the reply!

The device name to use is: usbscsi.device (unit 1, at least on my system). It will then show up in HDToolbox, where you can read the device parameters and save it.

Then, from within a Shell window (changing directory to SYS:System) you can format it using UMSD: as follows; e.g.:

Format UMSD: NAME=Greg FFS INTL NOICONS

Be sure to remove the flash drive from your Amiga and re-insert it, forcing AmigaOS to do a "refresh" on the flash drive.

Workbench then shows an Amiga FFS device with the default name of KDH0: which uses 4,096 bytes per block as the default (for my 32 GB flash drive).

HDToolbox, of course, is still slated for an overhaul to straighten out some nuances (nothing new there). :)

Anyway, here's a link with some photos that I trust will help:

http://gregdonner.org/transfer/flash_drive_ffs.html

Forgive my ignorance, but what steps are required to format a USB flash drive (32 GB) with FFS via one of Rapid Road's USB ports?

I've tried setting HDToolBox's "SCSI_DEVICE_NAME" Tool Type to both "x-surf-100.device" and "rapidroadxs100usb.device" (moving the latter device into the root of DEVS:) but the flash drive still doesn't show up in HDToolBox. I've tried in both AmigaOS 3.1.4 and 3.2, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: Argh; please ignore (or feel free to delete) this post--it's working again; I'm not sure what happened, but to be on the safe side, I'll avoid hot plugging any flash drives.

Hi,

My Amiga 3000's RapidRoad (X-Surf 100 version) developed an issue a day or so ago--after plugging in my flash drive, Poseidon recognizes it just fine (even identifies the model name), but for some reason, AmigaOS [sort of] doesn't, so no device is actually mounted and no icon shows up in Workbench.

I say "sort of" doesn't, as I thought it was just that UMSD: wasn't being mounted for some reason, but when double-clicking it again, Workbench says "Device has already been mounted".

Has anyone else run into this issue with their RapidRoad?

Any/all ideas are welcome; the RapidRoad is connected to my A3000's power supply (as recommended in the RapidRoad docs), so that shouldn't be an issue..? My A3000's power supply (original one) was recapped just last year by a fellow Amiga user familiar with electronics (does his own recaps), and I've never had a problem with it until now. My A3000 itself, along with my A3640 have both been professionally recapped/upgraded (by Anthony Hoffman in New Zealand), also have the Super Buster v11 installed, along with the RR v1.7 A3640 driver software fix installed.

The RapidRoad/X-Surf 100 in my A4000 w/A3660 is still working fine.

Thanks for any help/suggestions to try,

Greg

@ misha: If it helps you (and any others reading this), I maintain an unofficial ZZ9000 support page here:

https://www.gregdonner.org/zz9000/zz9000compendium.html

I bought P96 2.4.2 from Individual Computers a while ago, and will be relaying any issues between it and the ZZ9000 to Lukas Hartmann.

At the time of this writing, he is working on a new 1.4 driver and/or firmware update that should fix a bunch of bugs and display issues, among other improvements.

Basically resolved; now shows as "Working" in the boot menu after I thoroughly cleaned all slots (motherboard and daughterboard) and card edge connectors in my A3000 with Isopropyl Alcohol. Appreciate the advice given here about that!

USB device loads fine--no errors; I just need to install the fat95 file system handler from Aminet so it can read my USB flash drive.

I was under the impression that AmigaOS 3.1.4 automatically handled Fat95 and Fat32-formatted devices, but will have to do some digging on that.

Any recommendation as to what filesystem is best for formatting USB devices under Windows for use with Rapid Road?

Hi,

My Amiga 4000's X-Surf 100 (with Rapid Road) apparently sustained some damage after my 4000 PSU blew a fuse a while ago (the X-Surf 100 and Rapid Road were working fine before that). :-\

My A4000's PSU is being repaired and recapped, but in the meantime--just to check--I plugged the X-Surf 100 into my Amiga 3000. The Ethernet LED flashes/blinks, but it no longer shows up in the early-startup "Diagnostics" boot menu screen, even when trying different Zorro slots.

Is it possible to send it in for repair? I bought it directly from Individual Computers last year.

Thanks,

Greg

Jens,

OK, thanks! I'll check for the LED tonight, and report back.

I will also check with others on the 3.1.4 team (who have both the X-Surf 100 and Rapid Road) for things I may need to check/try.

Greg

Hi,

I just installed an X-Surf 100 with RapidRoad into my A4000, and judging from the errors in Trident, it appears the RapidRoad module might be faulty?

My A4000 has the Super Buster 11, and all other hardware in my system is working fine (including a BigRAMPlus).

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm a beta tester for 3.1.4, so while I have 3.1 in hardware ROMs, I'm running a beta Kickstart via the A4000's MapROM function, and of course the latest Workbench.

Any advice as to what I should check or do would be much appreciated!

[Blocked Image: http://www.gregdonner.org/transfer/RapidRoad1.jpg]