Posts by kratafila

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi!

I have an Indivision mk2 cr (red board) which was working perfectly so far. HDMI output. Until I downloaded the config tool to see what is available there. I didn't change any setting after it opened, there were a lot of things, and I didn't know what does what... But I pressed the "TEST" button to see whether it will test with some default settings. The result was: black screen... I waited a bit, pressed ESC, nothing happened. I restarted the Amiga and it didn't show any picture either. Just a black screen (I think no signal, not even the Indivision logo coming up). I don't have unfortunately any RGB-SCART cable. Is there any way to reset it? Why did the TEST button change the setting stored on the board? The Amiga loads up as normally, HDD lights flicker after a while it stops.

Hi Jens! It arrived and it is not a MeanWell inside but custom made. (I can see through the vent holes.) PSU works really well, stability highly increased. After a while it started to glitch again, but when I lifted the Amiga up letting more air in, it stabilized. I experimented more to add a passive heat sink with adhesive thermal tape. The results are great. The Amiga is fully stable now. I tested it with a game with intensive 3D rendering so it heated up quickly. Now with the heatsink on it does not overheat anymore and MUI screens, games are without graphical glitches. I am very happy about the card afterall. I think it is a great product, just needs some cooling on 60MHz. I hope this helps others with same issues.

I tried with the copy of the OS3.1 and 3.1.4. Both the same red results. Somehow it can't read from my CF to IDE adapter which has a CF to SD adapter in it. I did put back my trusty old HDD, it works perfectly copied from the same floppy image (I use Gotek) with OS3.1 and now I'm installing 3.1.4 again but with lower CPU speed 27MHz. No problems at all. I ordered a better PSU for it, because I don't want to recap this old PSU (I don't have the tools for it). I don't want to advertise here (you can delete this if you want), just asking for your opinion: the Amiga PSU Duo from C64PSU.com is the chosen one. I read a lot about it yesterday, and seams to have very good ripple handling, focused on 5V mostly.

Hi Jens! Thank you for your answer. I don't know the background story of this Amiga and the PSU, but I assume none of them were recapped. Probably this is the culprit. What I did now for testing: I replaced the phisical HDD to a CF IDE adaptor. The glitches do not happen upon screen mode changes of workbench, but the screen is still more flickery than it was on 26MHz. MUI and other apps which are switching screen modes run into glitches, but I appreciated that it happens after the a longer use. So after it was turned off for a while it is stable and gets less and less stable. Probably the old capacitors are doing this. With this CF to IDE solution I could not manage to map the rom from file though. It always give me red bootscreen. I copied over multiple times from trusted source. Strange that it was working with the real HDD.

I have no expansions attached (RTC module on the card only from iComp). Power supply: Original Amiga 1200 25W, P-NO. 391029-03, Model: PSM-601-2 (5V 3A, 12V 0.5A, -12V 0.1A) The scan doubler, flicker fixer is an external one, so I would no count it as an expansion. My 1200 has a real HDD installed.

Hi iComp developers! I just received my new ACA1233n-55 (new) card yesterday. I was testing it until now. I found the following issue: 55MHz (which is 60.5MHz in case of mine according to SysInfo) combined with MapRom always causes crash. Constantly, almost immediately, software error, graphical glitches, guru meditation sometimes as well, ending up always with simply hangup freeze. OK I accepted this fact, MapRom is not compatible with the fastest speed. I tested thoroughly on 26MHz, works perfectly fine with MapRom (3.1 from my ROM chip), MapRom from file (3.1.4). If I activate the 55MHz after booting it into MapRom, instant freeze again. OK then I wanted to test it without MapRom, because I don't insist on 3.1.4. Complete 3.1 reinstall, the system is stable. But when I launch an application that changes the screen resolution (MUI, or I go to different resolution or color depth) the screen goes glitchy again. Sometimes colors disappear, or scrambled lines appear (can see the content, but very ugly). If I go back to 26MHz: everything is awesome. Screen mode changes handled perfectly (MUI, etc). I can go to interlaced modes with best results ever from my flicker fixer, very stable screen. But my question is, if this card is so unstable with 55 (or maybe 60.5) MHz, why is it advertised like it. I would appreciate your help.