Posts by jgarwood

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi Jens. The Expert options are there in your Wiki page, but it wasn't clear that I had to press the button on the ACA500plus and "c" on the keyboard at the same time to activate the Action Replay.

Also, I had selected Action Replay 3 in the expert options, pressed S to save and exited to the main screen. I then booted my Amiga pressing F1 into 3.1. This doesn't seem to allow the ACA500 to boot with the Action Replay. To do this I had to go into expert options, select my Action Replay settings and hit RET to boot from in the expert menu.

Does that all seem correct? Or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

James

Thanks Jens. Are there any instructions or videos on how to configure this? I did some Googling, but couldn't find anything. I just assumed I pressed the button and it comes on.

I have been trying to use the action replay function on my ACA500plus, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have both the CPU and the Freezer CPU set to 14Mhz. The Freezer is set to "Action Replay MK III". When I boot using F1, and load a game with WHDLoad, pressing the button on the ACA500plus card does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi Jens, I removed the ROM switcher an put the original 2.04 ROM chip in. The ACA500 now works perfectly at 42MHz. Thanks for all your help, this is an amazing product :)

If the ACA500plus is working fine on the older A500, but not on the A500+, I assume that you have two separate power supplies for them that have aged differently, as the power consumption of A500 and A500+ is not substantially different.

Hi Jens, that makes sense now. But I used the same power supply for both my A500 and A500+

Hi Jens, thanks for the reply.

I was not sure if it was something to do with my Amiga A500+ or the ACA500, as it works fine at 42MHz in my older A500.

I probably won't run it at those speeds anyway, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with the accelerator as I would like to try an A1200 card with it at some point (thank you for your email earlier).

When you say "try a better power supply", what do you mean? I only have original Commodore PSU's. Why would the power supply be the issue?

Does anyone know what this green screen means? I have only just recently purchased my ACA500plus and I have installed it into my A500+. It works fine at 14 and 21MHz, but displays this screen when I boot my CF card at either 28 or 42MHz.

I have an older Rev5 (I think) A500, which works fine at any speed, but obviously doesn't benefit from the ECS or additional RAM of the A500+.