Posts by VosCoBoss

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

For me personally, it goes without saying that beta-testing involves putting in time to actually test and write bug reports. The having it first-part is of course a nice plus being a beta tester. There has to be something in it for both the tester and the supplier.

Living in a neighbouring country I’d be glad to help when the time comes.

I vote for that option and am interested in one. :) Especially if ACA1240 and ACA1260 will not have IDE port on them. If I remember in one of your comments somewhere, you have said that they will not. Not yet sure if I'm interested in 040/060 route or should I stick with my B1230 but in any case, some stable buffered IDE option is needed in any case.

you never know, looking at the surprise CF card slot in the ACA1234 maybe the same suprise will be on the ACA1240/60?

CF slot is not the same as IDE header and would solve the “wobbly contraption” issue that Jens has with an IDE port on an accelerator 🙂

When I buy an ACA1240 card from you (later this year, fingers crossed) will it come with the CPU ?

I just want to know if I have to start running around searching for a specific variant and speed of 68040 chip or,
    if I can just relax and play some more A500 games, because you're gonna ship my CPU already installed on my card.

Thank you,

The card will always ship with a CPU. Has to do with warranty and/or other regulations. This is explained in detail on the first two pages of this thread.

Sounds great Jens, thank you for the update! If no other features are dropped I am assuming it will still have an IDE speeder which is nice. I personally don't care about the "memory card function or changing clockspeed on the fly. I like how there's no longer a crystal needed for the FPU. Regarding voiding warranty when installing an FPU, I hadn't expected otherwise and that's totally fine by me :-)

Hi Jens, great to see the ACA1234 coming along! Will it be feature-wise the same as the ACA1233n? I am especially curious about the possibility to add a FPU. I am aware that there is not much point to adding an FPU to a 030, and probably not recommended, but still, curious... thanks!

Nope, won’t fit without some kind of upwards angle adapter on the ROM slots. Such adapters exist or maybe make ond yourself. But instead I sold my fastata and ordered a 4-way IDE controller + gayle adapter from another store. If it ever arrives and I remember this thread, I will let you know if that fits and works.

One of the next things to test is a similar kind of IDE speeder on the ACA1240/1260. Since the ACA1233n-55 has rather limited logic, only two speeds were implemented (PIO mode 3 and 4), but the ACA1240/1260 can implement much finer granularity in terms of timing, so we can push/relax timing much better. Still, this may require a buffered adapter or high-quality CF card to work reliably. I've had great results with a buffered IDE adapter and a physical IDE drive (old IBM 16G drive), as that was MUCH faster than any CF card or DOM that I could find (>10MB/s).

On-board IDE is not planned. I don't want contraptions with a wobbly CF card adapter on such an expensive card.

Sounds good, as long as higher IDE speed can be obtained I'm happy. Higher IDE speed makes a very noticeable difference in usage. I wouldn't mind using a buffered adapter, even though I think my Transcend PATA SSD should give good performance without it.

Also curious to see other expansion options, RTG in conjunction with an indivision AGA MK3 enabling a single output on RGB and RTG would be awesome too. I will sit patiently (okay, somewhat excited) until the card comes out!

At least two out of three of the Amiga 1200 boards I had, came with ferrite beads. Rev 1d.4 and 2b for sure. Not sure about the 1d.1. To me, it's a surprise that they would be considered rare. On my reAmiga's I used a ferrite coil.

Great news that it's back on the desk! Really curious to see what the next prototype will bring! Hoping for at least fast IDE onboard as I had mixed results with the IDE speeder on the ACA1233n/55. But whatever features are included, I'll be happy to finally see a brand new faster-than-68030 accelerator actually available for sale!

OK, and the internally-proposed "short between other pins" is improbable either, as we do both a visual and a functional inspection of each component.

So the best explanation we currently have is that the auto fire function of the joystick in question was accidentally switched on/off, which coincided with the time that the CIA adapter was put on/off.

There's no short indeed. Considering that the Competition Pro joystick does not have an auto-fire feature, it can't have been switched on or off.

Hi!

I have installed the Indivision AGA MK3, great piece of kit and love the live configuration feature! However when testing using one of my favourite games, Battle Squadron, I noticed that the fire button on the joystick behaves differently. It has now gained "auto fire" which is great, but it has also deprived me of the possibility to use a Mega Bomb. To use a Mega Bomb, the fire button needs to be kept pressed down and the stick needs to be rotated full circle.

With the CIA adapter removed, the behaviour is back to normal. Ergo, the Indivision CIA adapter does something to the FIRE signal of the joystick. Specifically it seems to make the FIRE signal intermittent instead of constant.

How to solve this?!

Thanks for reading!

Is this also with OS3.1.4, or some other version?

If you boot OS3.1.4 and do not have a 3.1.4 ROM, then MapROM in ACATool is pointless.

The reset is then caused by C:LoadModule ROMUPDATE from the OS3.1.4 startup procedure.

You can choose which one does the reset; it's either ACATool 2.1 (when an OS3.1.4 ROM file is specified), or the 3.1.4 startup procedure.

Hi Timm, thank you for your reply and explanation. I did still have a reset w/o MAPROM, this is indeed caused by loadModule ROMUPDATE which is, if I understand correctly, pointless if ROMs 3.1.4 are already installed. I commented out c:loadmodule romupdate and now the reboot is indeed gone.

For the rest I am right now using MUFASTROM as that gives me also some improvement over no ROM mapping at all. I will try Acatool MAPROM again when I have a better PSU, since right now Acatool MAPROM makes the system unstable.

All in all I can't get the system reliable using Acatools. MAPROM just won't work reliably no matter what I try. I will probably wait for a good power adapter first, then test further from that point onwards. I hope this new PSU you're working on will be out soon :-)