Posts by eristocratic

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

It's a ferrite bead, size 0603, part number BLM18PG121SN1D. This is a MuRata number, but you can use pretty much any other chip inductor with similar data. There's not much current flowing through it, so the rated current of 2A can be reduced. The 120R at 100MHz is a "good rule of thumb", and the unit passed CE with it, so I didn't bother to look for anything else :-)

Just wanted to report back that my Indie is now working well. Thanks again :)

It's a ferrite bead, size 0603, part number BLM18PG121SN1D. This is a MuRata number, but you can use pretty much any other chip inductor with similar data. There's not much current flowing through it, so the rated current of 2A can be reduced. The 120R at 100MHz is a "good rule of thumb", and the unit passed CE with it, so I didn't bother to look for anything else :-)

Awesome. Thanks Jens!

After some lurking in the forum I found the post about a ripped off capacitor which prompted me to do a closer inspection with a magnifier (it's times like this that I miss the eyes of my youth)...

...And I think I found the problem. L13 seems to be missing a component. An inductor I presume? My inspection was pretty close so I believe this is the only thing missing. At least the pads look okay.

And yes, mine was shipped lumped into the black bubble bag with no additional packaging on 17-8-2020. I double checked the packaging and found nothing rattling around so the component is probably forever swimming in a sea of carpet.

At this point I'd say if you find anything else amiss in my pictures please let me know. And if you'd kindly share the values of the component I'd be happy to source something a bit more local and attach it.

Bad idea.

Your point is well taken. It's an AT power supply in a commercially produced case, so in my small defense it's not my modification. As for the Vampire - again, point taken, but it's not currently connected so isn't affecting the Indivision board. These ARE issues though that I'll investigate at a later time. If I had a stock A1200 power supply I'd happily use it but unfortunately the only stock A1200 power supplies I have won't work in the US, as all the machines I have are PAL.

Pictures, to follow, as requested. Please let me know if the quality is insufficient or you need me to zoom in on any area as I'd be happy to post others.

Just received mine today and having an issue - just read through the forum and nothing matches what I'm having, so here goes:

It's been recapped with organic polymers and the RF module removed, but otherwise it's an unmodified C= A1200 2B

150 Watt PC supply in a Prima ATOM case. It's still the original supply but hasn't given issues. Re-checking it under load is on my checklist for tomorrow, but it feeds a V1200 v2 with SD, IDE and network along with 2 external goteks just fine (when they're in the machine).

KS 3.1.4 ROMS

Not sure what else I may have forgotten. Ask and I'll provide.

I get no video whatsoever out of either HDMI or VGA. Monitor indicates no signal and of course no OSD comes up. All cables on the Indie have been checked and reseated a few times. Initially, there was an issue with the Indie not seating properly due to resistor R261A being in the way - there's a notch in the Indie's socket but it still was coming smack down in the middle of the resistor so I nudged the resistor a mil or two out of the way to the edge of its pads and the Indie seems to be seating properly now, and Lisa's legs have been thoroughly cleaned :)

I'd normally think it's a bad Indie board but oddly I connected back up to the native RGB and made a rescue disk and was able to flash it without any problem. Also, in the setup utiliity I can successfully scan the EDID of attached monitors, pull resolutions and apply them globally. Thus far I've tried a Dell 1907FP-f, Dell 1908FP-c and a Samsung SyncMaster 930b.

Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I'm thinking is somehow the deleted RF modulator is an issue, but I can't really see how that would cause a problem. Also maybe timing fix, but again I seriously doubt it. I've used this board for about 2 years now and played with a few accelerators without issue. Kinda pulling my hair out. Suggestions very much welcome.