Posts by ahandyman59

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I have some experience with these... The SATA device does not have a way to set it up as the primary or secondary device. IDE is designed to handle 2 devices, so unless you can set them, any adapter won't work reliably. Your best bet is to go spend $15-20 and get an actual IDE cdrom drive. There are thousands of them out there, as they used to be heavily used in server farms, let alone nearly every pc of the time had one in it.

I have 3 A2000s that I use regularly with a group of friends that come over. I find I'm needing 2mb chip memory to run a lot of the (WHDLoad) games. The ACE2 seems to be the best option. Are these going to be available any time soon?

I have several 8375 chips and PLCC84 socket adapters, so I can build them, if I can buy the boards...

I have 3, 20th Anniversary edition Buddha boards. 2 are working fine. The third gives this error when I attempt to run the command "buddhaflashtool Buddha_ROM_52-101.bin".

This is in a stock A2000 rev 6.2 motherboard. No additional cards. Kickstart 3.1.

I get the error "Controller not found" every time. I have tried the left and right mouse button presses on power reset and nothing happens. Since I have 3 of these cards, I took the eprom chip out of one of the controllers that works, and put it in the one not working and then the board that wasn't working runs normally.

Based on that test, the eprom is not working correctly. Can this eprom be flashed outside of the controller or is there something else I can do to fix this?

Thank you,

Ahandyman59