Posts by davidpfarrell

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi Jens thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry I don't have an O-Scope nor am I very skilled in electronics -- I do some lightweight soldering and tinkering but not much more.

I am happy to help any way I can tho ... If you'd like me test a firmware update or run some diag tools, etc. I'd be happy to.

I don't own a full C64 test harness but hope to get one soon.

Thanks again.

-David

Hi Jens I replied earlier in this thread and am also experiencing the "NTSC Video Issue After C64R MK2 is Powered On For Extended Time" issue.

I have multiple NTSC chips and the issues presents on all of them.

I have finally purchased a PAL VIC chip and was able to confirm that issue does not present with the PAL chip installed. I can (and have) run the system for hours with no issues using a PAL VIC chip.

Regarding Power Supply: I was pretty sure my power supply was solid but just to be sure I purchased a (very expensive) ATOM from Commodore4Ever who guarantees <100 ripple

Even with thew new power supply, the NTSC VIC chips continue to present issues after an extended period of time.

Also, I don't *just* get video issues. I get CIA-related issues as well ... keyboard / joystick input, CIA data transfer, cartridge buttons have all presented along with video glitches (again but only with NTSC VIC installed)

I am not sure if its best to deal with my support issue here in this thread or to start a new one - Please advise.

Thank you,

-David Farrell

Hi Crew,

I'm having a similar issue to tomxp411 and in fact have chimed in on his lemon64 thread.

I'm connected from std video out via S-Video+RGB conversion cable, connected to Framemeister Mini, connected to TCL LCD TV though HDMI

For me, after about an hour, the screen starts flashing, then a minute or two later, I will lose signal and just blue screen from there -- I suspect this is the FM giving up and just blue-screening.

I also get disk drive read errors during this time (I was doing some copy sessions to pull disks onto SD) -- Some times the read errors would present before the video errors i.e. using Maverick disk compare to verify copies would produce random failures before the video crash.

There was discussion of being able to spray some cold air on a certain chip(s) when the issue happens and seeing if the momentarily corrects.

Jens Can you confirm and/or give a little more detail. I have purchased a can of compressed air for the experiment.

Thanks for any help and also for activating the forums !