Posts by Tolgod

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi there and thanks for the replies.

However practical they all are, I am aware of them and have mounted cd's directly from my nas with the xsurf.

My fanboyish quest lies in the physical loading of the medium, not just a means to the end of running

software that appeared on said medium.

Let's also not forget my collection of old audio cd's desperately waiting in a cover of dust for me to find a use for

them.

Anyways, as it seems there is no 'for hand' easy to accomplish option for such a system when the the given

premise is that the network connection has to be x-surf 500.

Nevertheless your efforts are much appreciated.

Hi Jens, that's a shame (or perhaps not, i'll never know) :D

I am not a 1200 owner, but proudly running a a500+,aca500+,aca1233-555 setup.

Unfortunately it seems as that there's no way to get a cd drive to run if there's no USB option available.

Some other cards do offer a free ide slot, but I just love x-surf.

I have been pondering on rainy days though, wondering weither, if one could fix a male-cf>male-ide extension cable, it might be an option to sacrifice a cf slot snd reverting it back to ide.

Is that anywhere in the realm of possibilities, or just utter madness kocked up by a layman's over enthusiastic fantasy running wild ?

One other thing that mighIt be more feasable is perhaps mounting an optical drive of on of the pc's in my network.

Is this something that could be considered achievable and if so, would you have any pointers as to where to start ?

Is there, as far as you are aware, a reasonabe option to add an opticl drive to my setup?

Hope you can shed some light in my fantastic darkness and thank you kindly for considdering.

Hi there,

A short while back I had to send in my aca500+ for repair and since I could save on shipping costs I ordered a 1221lc and xsurf500 along with it.

Now I have an issue with every setup I try (I have 5 original psu's and 7 amiga's :s).

Every time I enable the freezer and set it to AR3 I can't load whdload games anymore.

When I try the whole system hangs with a blinking powerled.

It will reboot fine, but the problem remains, also when I disable AR3 again.

After a full power down it will work again with freezer off via F1 option.

I can then reboot into menu, chose F10, set the settings I want and boot with enter.

After another powerdown though, I will have to use F1 again, or the problem persists. After disconnecting the psu and plugging it in again I can boot straight away via the F10 option again.

I've tried setups from my a500 plus with 2 mb to a complete vanilla a500, and tried all with different psu's, no combo works.

All updates have been performer twice in following

order :

Menu

Installer

Network

Hrtmon

On the software side I've tried it on 6 different games, latest whdload and slaves. All works fine without AR3 enabled.

I've tried it many times now followinf the following steps :

- reinstall OS via acamenu

- booting with F1

- softreset with mouse down

-Aca menu option F10

- Enable AR freezer

- Boot with enter

The other settings in the F10 menu don't seem to be of any influence, it will work.

No settings via F10 will work until the psu has been disconnected after the problem occurs.

At first when I noticed the problem, it seemed as if an OS reinstall was necessary.

This however will most likely have been because of bogged cf slots after trying the 40mhz overclock.

I know it is not supported, but since I have 5 original psu's I thought I had a good chance..

Alas, also here no setup will work and it's almost always instant failure.

With aux disabled it might 'work' ever so briefly, but it will hang within minutes.

The reason I am mentioning it is because it is absolutely instant and once done, the wrong settings seem to persist.

When I hold down the left mouse button during startup, after the system failed, I get a red screen and the safe settings are applied

This doesn't happen automatically though.

Also it seems to bog the cf slots.

When the aux was on, it couldn't be used again until correct setting were restored and the system had a complete power down and psu switch (regardless which one, on repeating the issue I'd switch back and forth between the same ).

Yesterday, when also trying to recreate my 16gb PNY cf card seems busted. It will only show 32mb, also under WinXP disk management and can't be formatted anymore on either pc or amiga.

So to me it appears there might be some unwanted interaction with the cf slots.

Hope you can help me further with this,

Best regards,

Paul

Hi there Jens...unfortunately DHL wasn't prepared to cooperate in your gbowr attempt at fastest service ever, but yesterday after some calls and mailing with DHL, everything arrived in good order.

And yes you made me smile Jens by what I found I the box :'D.... I wanted to report back hereimmediately, but as I also ordered the new stuff to come with it I naturally got distracted testing my new babies while sipping from my coffee mug :D

Tnx for the fast service and keep up the good work...

Hi there Jens,

It has been a crazy couple off days here and I was still wanting to inform you here that I posted the card Saturday.

To my surprise I just received mail from you that the card was repaired allready.

Now that's really fast.

I have some specific questions/remarks that I will pick up via mail with you and are of no interest for the forum, but I have to say here wow....the service is even quicker than the cards. That's great.

Have a great day,

Paul

Hi Jens,

I was affaid it might, but what's needed is needed.

Is there somewhere where i can find the procedure,

and what about me having no invoice ?

Is there sill warranty ?

Maybe you can mail me the details?

Hi there and again tnx 4 the quick reply.

Unfortunately when the amiga is started with the card in I can 't get to the KS screen. When I power on with Dismo pressed and the blincking starts, ctrlAA doesn't do anything. So all I can tell is that it gets to the blincking point and all that can/will alter is that if I press Dismo again, the blincking stops and if I insert my fat32 cd card in the aux slot while Dismo is blincking the white data led of the aux slot starts blincking very fast. I have upd500.adf in root directory (I didn't empty the card though). When I power on with the fat32 card in aux slot allready it doesn't seem to differ from powering on without the cf card in regardless of pressing Dismo or not.

Hi there and tnx 4 the quick reply.

As to the psu's, there originals which have always worked fine and still do.

When I hold the Dismo button a 0 with blincking 'underscore' appear on the display.

Is that a good sign and if so, where to go from there?

Hi there,

Last year april I bought a aca500 plus card from someone else selling on an ebay like site (the dutch marktplaats)

It is one of the 2nd batch with big gizmo.

Until yesterday it has always worked fine on my amiga 500 plus.

Yesterday however, while everything was running (so no upside down placement) all of sudden poof, everything was bricked and the amiga was just showing a greyish screen.

When I take the aca out, my amiga works fine, but when I plug in the aca, just the grey screen.

This happens also on my regular amiga500, so the amiga's aren't the problem, they take AR mk3 or A590 without problems on the side extension port.

The aca card itself doesn't seem to do anyhing anymore. All that happens upon powering on is a quick flash of gizmo and a quick purple flash from the led simultaniously.

Th amiga's won't boot, the freezer button doesn't initate any action whatsoever nor does booting with mouse pressed.

Upon removing the card I notice that on the connector side, looking from it on top on the upper side where the three little copper holes are in the pcb, it seems to be getting quite warm/hot. Now maybe this is always so, but this is the first time I noticed.

The person I bought it from didn't provide me with the original invoice unfortunately, however, as it's from the second batch, it's from november 18 at it's oldest.

So now I'm, apart from very sad, really wondering what I can do.

Could you please help me move further from here ?

Best regards,

Paul