Posts by deltamc2000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I have tried with the new ROMs, as advised. The card is detected in the boot menu expansion board diagnostic. I have an ATA 250Gb IDE connected, no boot. The drive does work although no partition.

I have an Amiga 2000 arrive today that has a Buddha card in, I will try it out on that over the weekend.

just for clarity, would the Dom still boot if no hard drive was attached?

I have defo not plugged the card in “upside down”. Started my first job at 18 hack sawing XT cases to fit 386 25SX boards in and adding sound blaster cards to ISA while still setting IRQ & DMA channels by jumper before the days of plug n play.

will let you know the outcome.

thanks for your persistence!

Okay, device list does not show anything under “SYSTEM SOFTWARE INSTALLED” other than SCSI, which I assume is the onboard controller.

Using DiagROM 1.2, other tests, Autoconfig it finds the Buddha card. Link to system free pool:NO, Autoboot: YES, Linked to next board:YES, Extended size: NO, Size:64kb, Zero II I/O detected and assigned to: $00E90000 - $00EA0000. Assign board? Yes (LMB) No (RMB) (If possible) or ESC EXIT.

so, it would seem all is well, guess I will have to wait for new ROMs...

Okay, I will order the hyperion, I had not completed the 3.x ROMs.

I have removed all other boot devices from the a3000, I simply get the no boot device screen.

I can not see a mounted volume in wb nor sysi fo. So I will get the new ROMs and report back. Am I able to rerun the product if swapping the roms out does not succeed?

I really don’t want to, but I am stuck here with what seems to be a device that can detect the hardware is present, but having no means of actually installing the device and prepping a device

Any other ideas on how to progress this? If the kickstart is responsible for the device and no need to install device drivers into the kernel (as I have read), then what other applications are required to initialise the IDE interface in Amiga DOS?

mare there any other utilities available to get the Buddha card playing ball with Workbench or Amiga dos? Would downloading the flash lha from your website and attempting to flash the board help?

I did read that you need to hold down the left mouse button while you powering up is required to remove the flash write flash text?

it would be great if I could just see the board scanned by HDtoolbox (it shows up as scsi, right?). At least then if my current ide hard disk would not work, I could go on the hunt for another!

any other ideas would be much appreciated!
    Paul

It is kickstart 2.0, 1991 model, 25Mhz. It boots from SCSI and says Amiga release 2, Kickstart 37.175 Workbench 37.17.

I think it is unlikely that the Dom is faulty so not sure how to proceed? It seems odd that it’s detected but does not show up in HDtoolbox or boots.

I have some 3.x (not 3.1) ROMs in the next couple of weeks, maybe that will help? I also have some install disks to do a reinstall of workbench.

as the kernel does not require drivers, is there any diagnostic software an try, I understand the software is licensed, but maybe there is some way you can arrange some other method to install the soft way that is not DOM based? Any media like floppy etc to jump start it?

if the tools reported it not there, at least it would explain the issue. The only place that would cause this behaviour would be the kickstart, so with any luck, new ROMs might resolve it.

paul

Hello,

the extra card is an OpalVison video card and only slots in the bus at on the daughter board near the back. It does not plug into the Zorro slots which is near the front of the case.

I have tried it without the Opalvision card and in each slot. It does not boot or appear in the boot menu when hold two mouse buttons.

if the Dom is faulty, can I manually install or download the Dom contents from where?

thank you

Hello,

I have recently acquired an Amiga 3000D from Ebay, All the original boxes etc so it was a good deal. Although the unit functions without any problems, the battery had leaked. I have cleaned it with vinegar and demonised water and all the tracks are thankfully in tact.

There is an Opalvision video card installed and after adding the Buddha, it is not booting up from the DOM, it is not showing on the boot menu (two mouse buttons held down). There is a post with a similar issue with another user that had a leak.

Buddha IDE not booting...?

I have taken a picture from system configuration and system information and board is detected, I have a 500gb IDE drive attached with not partitions.

Should the DOM boot be listed along with the floppy drive and SCSI hard drive installed?

If they fault is with my autoconfig, I can send it for repair, in the meantime, can I download the software from the link bellow and install it manually?

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:BuddhaInstallUpdate1.2.lha

If the problem is with my autoconfig hardware, how come it appears in detection? What chips are involved with autoconfig as all the traces/tracks are good?

Many thanks

Paul