ACA500+ Firmware 0.135 - $C0/Trapdoor RAM menu item is disregarded, ranger memory is always on.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello!

In the expert menu, regardless of the setting for $C0/Trapdoor RAM being on or off, the memory is always enabled and so never gets turned off. This is particularly prominent on an A500+ with no trapdoor expansion.

On a rev 6 A500 with an A501, if the chipmem 1MB item is enabled then the $C0 memory is always turned on regardless of menu item once again. I assumed this was owing to how the trapdoor was turned into chipmem but it seems to be related to the same issue I'm seeing on the A500+/rev 8.

Is there a dependent menu item which is forcibly turned on which I can use to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

• As you can see here, the trick of making sure that trapdoor memory is not seen is that the ACA500plus mirrors $c8-$d0 on $c0 memory. The best explanation I have is that there is a 1.8M memory expansion in the computer, so that re-mapping, which *should* move a mirror of chip registers into trapdoor area, does not work.

Just for verification of your hardware revision, what's the warranty ID of your ACA500plus?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.