Bought a ACA1232-50, acatune show it's a ACA1230-28

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I'm in need of bit of assistance on this one. In 2015 I was once again bitten by the Amiga bug and invested in an ACA 1232-50 (Which was a limited run if I recall correctly) buying straight from Individual Computers. I played around with it back then, was pretty happy with the card but didn't really go deep into all this card can do.

Fast forward to 2018, with Hyperion releasing AmigaOS 3.1.4, and I want to dive deep into the Amiga environment again. I've installed the latest amigaOS and use VincED as shell. When I ask the status with acatune -status I'm getting a response with the card identifying as an ACA 1230-28??? That can't be right! Have I been swindled or is something else going horribly wrong. Does this card needs activating like the newer ACA 12xx?

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/rCDaBgr and attached.

• Could you please try the ACAtune output using the old Kickstart, ideally without startup-sequence? Just to make sure that an MMU setting of the new OS is not interferring with the ACA registers.

• Could you please try the ACAtune output using the old Kickstart, ideally without startup-sequence? Just to make sure that an MMU setting of the new OS is not interferring with the ACA registers.

As you suspected: When booting from a Workbench 3.1 with 3.1 ROMS I get the correct identification of my card. Any advice as to what could be the cause? I could try removing the MMU lib I sourced from Aminet (Thomas Richter)

• Thomas RIchter actually took part in creating OS 3.1.4, and I'd expect his MMU library to be part of the OS, which attempts to create a clean MMU setup. During development, I did communicate the way that the "common ACA register interface" works, so Hyperion should have taken this into account. I even got a request from a betatester of the OS who owns a card with this register interface. So what remains now is to remind them of that fact and have Hyperion fix the bug.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.