Trilogic Expert

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I have recieved my new TC64 and i am very pleased with it, its an excellent piece of kit.

I have a question regarding cartridge emulation. I have successfully managed to get the Trilogic Expert cartridge emulation working, i can do this by loading up the Expert software whilst the cart is in programming mode and i can also load up a .crt file and it works well. I have to have the buttons set to cartridge and i have to make sure that the left button is pressed so the green light is solid to emulate the Expert in 'ON' mode.

The question i have is can i set this cartridge as my default and make it load on bootup of the TC64? I have saved it as a ROM and named it SLOT3 and set the default slot to slot 3. I have also enalbed boot from SD and i can see it load up the ROM file on startup but the Expert doesnt work. I have to re-load the .crt or re-program.

This method works well with other carts, i have tried action replay and retro replay and they work fine, do i need to do any additional steps to enable my TC64 to boot up with Expert?

thanks,

• I have never managed to make this work also in VICE... somehow the Expert software doesnt like it - no idea why. Probably it also uses some memory locations in the regular C64 RAM, or something like that.

So, unfortunately, the answer is: it doesn't work :/

• I strongly suspect this is also true for the original expert. Simply copying 8 Kbyte into the cartridge in PRG mode is not enough to get it working. You really need to load from disk. This might have been part of a copy protection scheme. Where you can't simply copy the software by reading out the cartridge RAM. There is a chance it works when using very early versions of the expert software.

• Na, it doesnt work even with the Stoat&Tim software. It must be somehow connected to the cartridge being in program mode or not, and the software expecting certain values in memory. When playing with this in VICE i could occasionally restart the software by loading a "crt file", but never reliably. gave up at some point :)

• ok fair enough, at least i know i'm not missing anything! Its easy enough to load the .crt each time i need it, really enjoying the TC, i'm going to have a go at uploading an amiga core soon.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.