BROKEN RAPIDROAD USB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I purchased RAPID ROAD USB last week which I got today. I installed it today to my A1200 and it was working perfectly- read my USB stick really fast. But after around one hour using it stopped working and the RAPID ROAD was too hot itself. If I turn my Amiga on again the led is not light anymore. :(

Can you please help me what can I do now.

regards,

Matu (Roland)

• Dear Jens,

The computer is Amiga 1200 rev 1D.4, kickstart 3.1/40.68 with ACA1230 accelerator, Indivision AGA MK2 flicker fixer, 4GB flash card, power supply is Commodore PE-3350-2

regards,

Roland

• If the LED does not turn on any more, the controller definitely needs repair. This is mostly caused by under-voltage which causes the 3.3V regulator to oscillate, ultimately causing an SCR latchup in the 3.3V parts. Please send the unit back for a repair.

To make sure this does not happen again in the future, please re-cap your PSU, or use a powered USB hub (that is: a unit wht it's own power supply) to operate your USB devices.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.