Lost Access to Initail Menu after Firmware Update ACA 500plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I had some issues with the menu not displaying current configurations using F8 and F10 and I could not change some of the settings, anything with a numeric input, the keyboard is working correctly so I assumed the fault was with the card. I flashed the menu firmware using a boot floppy. Now I cannot access the menus at all. On start up the system now boots via the internal Kickstart rom only. The small status LED below the DISMO is now a purple colour, I no longer have access to the ACA 500plus Menu on boot, Once booted I can see all the memory on the ACA 500plus and the chipmem. It looks like the card is in some sort of safe mode.

• You might have saved a setting where the menu only comes up if you hold down the mouse button. Please try that: Hold down the left mouse button and power up. If that makes the menu appear, navigate to that menu item and change it back :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.